Kaleb Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom servicebalconyethiopiabolegym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Good location, you can walk to many places, cinema, good beauty salon Herbal - in the mall just up the road etc.

Good breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. Place was very clean and modern with internet that worked all the time with various degrees of speed - but it is Ethiopia!

Would only suggest that they didnt need to change the sheets and towels every day - pet hate of mine and waste of water!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after a very late arrival from UK and proximity to airport was good. Same applied when we were to depart on a very early am flight back to UK. When we were stuck in Addis due to the pre Xmas snow the staff were understanding.
Hotel is located near several good restaurants and also the very nice Boston spa.
Rooms are clean and no problem with hot water.
One problem is quite a few taxis do not know where it is and its in a bit of a building site location but dont be put off. Do not pay more than 80 birr from the airport and there is a shuttle bus for the hotel although I dont know how you'd order it to pick you up as we only used it on our several trips to the airport - never back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank acm77
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I wanted to give this hotel a chance but unfortunately they had the worst possible service. If there is function or wedding, forget getting any sleep as the building is poorly designed and its like having a live band in your room. The rooms are spacious but the desks dont even have plugs for your computer. The bathrooms are pathetic...you cannot sit on the toilet since they are so close to the wall. Also the shower door smashed on me and cut me and the hotel was apologetic and moved rooms but realy it did nto help as I got another room with a cramped bathroom. Stay at either Harmony or Beer Garden Inn which are next door the quality is much better. Probably the worst hotel i have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the summer as part of a study tour/seminar. We were about 16 including the university's dean and professor. The hotel is in a great and safe location, right next to Bole Road where there are many restaurants and shops. The staff at the hotel were all courteous and always ready to help. The restaurant serves great food. But above all, the service was impeccable. All the managers were excellent. The night manager especially. I needed a phone one night, and he was ready to let me use his cell phone. I had problem with my hot water once and in a matter or minute someone came to fix & and clean it. I can't say enough about this hotel. One night, my female friend and I were walking to Beer Garden nearby, and one of the hotel attendant came to walk us there. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and always smiling. The only thing that I wasn't too happy about was the construction near the hotel, but that's pretty much everywhere in Addis Ababa these days. I'll definitely stay there next time I go to Ethiopia.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed 1-2 nights on either end of our trip. The rooms vary widely--some are luxorious and others downright shabby. I know this because we were in a group and compared notes. Several complaints about hot water. On our second stay I had no hot water in my fancy-dancy room. When I left the room, I reported it to the clerk at the desk, but I have a feeling nothing would be done until the next guest complained.

There was a wedding on Saturday night, and the whole hotel shook with the music.

There is an excellent breakfast buffet - by far the best breakfast we had in our 10-day trip throughout the country.

The location is excellent if you need/want to be near the airport. I have no idea what else is around there, as it was dark and we were bussed to our dinner and then to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2010