“Moderate Hotel - Moderate Location”
Review of Beshale Hotel

Beshale Hotel
Ranked #91 of 127 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice during the month of June (when the temperature is fairly mild). The hotel is off the beaten track and away from downtown and a lot of the hustle and bustle. It is located across for a large church and it is located on a busy street. The staff is very polite and friendly. The rooms are spartan and the functionality with water and electricity can be spotty. But overall a moderate place. Food offerings are minimal so it is best to go out to eat. Overall, spacious, clean, safe, and great interior space. Other amenities leave a little to be desired.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors away from the center with a balcony (the rear) are better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 29, 2013

As other reviwers have said, don't expect this to be great. Its quite grubby and run down. Wifi goes on and off, half the hotel is quite noisy. I'd be happy if it cost 1/2 the price, but for what it basically a reasonable local hotel, it trys to give the appearance and price tag of an internationally competitive hotel, which is a bit disingenuous. Staff are welcoming in my limited experience.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RoughRoading
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am currently staying at the Beshale, and just must write this review. I stayed here before, and it was just as bad, but as I am traveling for work my colleagues in Ethiopia were in charge of the reservation and it is too late to change now. I will not be staying here again, and as it is 10pm, I cannot leave:

Negatives of hotel: no internet (spotty at best for maybe 2 minutes). cockroaches in bed (in 4 rooms, all that I was switched to). busted doors, no hot water, tubs don't drain, toilets dont always flush, extremely dirty carpets, there is currently wall shaking construction that has been going on throughout the day and even though I have complained that it is 10 pm they will not stop.

Honestly, I have tried to be positive and keep an open mind about the 2nd time to this hotel...but it is horrible. I have traveled in over 50 countries, staying at hostels, hotels, guest houses, etc. This is by far the WORST.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at this Beshale Hotel while I was in Ethiopia, before my departure from USA I have seen a negative review only form one person, in spite of that negative review, I have decided see the hotel and how they are doing. I found out to the opposite. From my day of arrival to my day of departure I was treated very well. I will recommend this hotel to any one, The only reservation I have is to avoid the 5th floor, you may not have a good sleep when ever there is a party going on the 6th floor in addition you may not have hot water in the mooring, but this can be solved if you move to 4th and 3rd floor. Otherwise the receptionists are great from the guard to the manager I give A+ grade, I will not forget the breakfast Buffy. I also will not forget the girl who offered Ethiopian Ferfer to my friend and a good hot coffee to me I do not know her name but you know who you are when your read this page , Thank you the person who gave me the adapter to charge my phone that is one of the door man. You really represent your company and the hotel reputation keeps up do good job, I will see you when I come back to Addis.
Berhanu F.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank martinAddisAbaba
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Other than cockroaches and my partner suffering food poisoning because they washed and recycled a dish instead of serving fresh food....I had a business meeting sabotaged by the waiter and the night manager, because... after midnight you are not allowed to use the lobby!!!
In addition over 12 days of stay the internet worked only 45 minutes all in all.
Disgusting service. Appalling management. Should not be allowed to trade under the pretence of being a business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carlotortora
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nothing special, a slightly run down western style hotel on the E side of Addis. Not ideally placed for tourist stuff but Addis is small enough to allow you to get anywhere by cab in under 20 minutes. WiFi throughout in theory, but in practice only the 6 rooms clustering around the router on each floor get any signal - but they allowed me to move without any problems. Once connected the performance varied between ok and nothing, but was mostly adequate. Room was ok, clean and well prepared. Room service was fast and prices were reasonable for a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms near the centre of each wing on each floor are the only ones with wifi
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business