“EXCELLENT”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Carnivore Addis
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Description: Just down from Intercontinental - easily found on google - my fav restaurant in Addis - good food, cheap, inexpensive wine and friendly service - also customers are locals
Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Food is marvelous , Bar ok !! Orders take too long , foods sometimes come cold , but other than that they have the best soup and vegetarian buffet ......

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mael H

“not just meat”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Despite the name, this restaurant doesn't only serve just meat. We eat a lot of Ethiopian food and this was nothing very special. But it is a quiet and friendly place -- good for a group that wants to talk together.

Visited May 2012
Addis Ababa
“Good food with a fantastic pan pipe soundtrack ;o)”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We ended up going to this restaurant by accident as we were trying to find Aladdin (which says on here that it's near the Japan Embassy but we've since found out that they've moved the Embassy from where it's shown on Google Maps). We'd seen Carnivore previously from the road (Equatorial Guinea/Jomo Kenyatta street) - you can't miss it as it has a MASSIVE american style neon sign outside.

The service was great and the menu had lots to choose from (obvs if you're a meat eater that is...). I had the sizzling chicken which lived up to its name as it was served on a sizzling platter. It was a kinda spicy stir fry which I thought was well worth the 60 or so birr I paid for it. My partner had one of the steaks but he was less impressed as the mustard sauce it said it would come with was actually just brown sauce and mustard squired on in a wiggly line. Be that as it may, it was cooked well and with the free soup and salad bar starter you get, this restaurant is well worth the price. We paid about 300 birr in total for a massive 2 course meal, amazing wheat bread and a bottle of local wine.

....my favourite thing about the whole evening was trying to guess the 90s pop classics that were being played in a pan pipe style on a loop tape ;o)

A great place for well cooked, no nonsense, good value food.

• Visited August 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“traditional dinner without the show”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a wonderful traditional dinner without the tourist crowd. Lots of locals which is always a good sign for authentic food (most of the time). Had tibs and shiro--both excellent. Soup and salad was included for a very low price (under 65 birr per entree). Power went out during the meal but didn't keep dampen the mood.

• Visited July 2012
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Great bread and croutons.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ok...so I know most people don't go out to eat because of bread and croutons, but seriously, the wheat bread (made in house) is the best I have had in Addis. The croutons were also (homemade) and delicious. I had the beef gordon bleu. It's not the best I have ever had but for 69 birr it came with mashed potatoes and the salad/soup bar. I would say that is a great value, along with a lovely atmosphere.

Visited July 2012