All reviews bole road big supermarket high step reliable wifi the hotel is conveniently located hotel restaurant business trip addis standards ethiopian dishes rooms are clean each morning edna mall excellent hotel sauna airport summit hairdryer
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This customer service manifested itself in two ways. First, I had to keep changing the day of my stay (I was in transit between Malawi and Germany) and the Wassamar staff always responded rapidly, in a time which would put many hotels in Europe to shame.

Although there was nobody to meet me, I was not too surprised, given the 6.5 hour delay on my flight (I arrived gone 3am into ADD). However, what I found to be the epitome of customer service was when I ordered coffee at 5 in the morning. I suggested to the receptionist that she include this coffee in my bill , as I had no Birr with me. However, she forgot to do this and instead suggested that my very early morning coffee should just be treated as part of my breakfast.

This is precisely the kind of small kindness which many service providers could learn to follow.

I have not ticked sleep quality, as I only had four hours between departure and arrival, but there was no noise either from within the hotel or outside.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank simmonad
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed only for 2 nights here. After staying here i regretted why I hadn't booked my entire stay here. The wi-fi worked very well (which was such a pain in my previous hotel in Addis). They have a nice bar and a wonderful business center with 4 desk top computers with free internet.

The rooms are very neat & clean with all modern facilities. The bathroom though is a tad bit small but everything works in there.
The breakfast is okay,there is scope for improvement.

My room was on the 8th floor with a lovely view of the city. It was not facing the main road which was under construction. One has to go up & down thru the debris of the under construction road to go through the main entry. So if you have problems in your knees so this one could be a problem for you till the time the road constructions is going on,it is scheduled to end in the 1st week of Dec. Although, there is a back door entry as well,but for that you have to follow a completely different route.

In my previous hotel in Addis,I could not sleep as there were street dogs barking all night. Here it was pin drop silence even throughout the day.

In the walking distance are some good shops,cafes & bars. Esp Kaldi's Coffe which serves good Ethiopian coffee.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and if I ever come back to Addis again, there is no question on where i will stay....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Aditya78
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Located close to the airport the hotel is fine for a mid-level option. Large atrium with 8 floors of rooms. Wifi throughout along with a gym and sauna on the property. Rooms are clean if somewhat small. Food in the restaurant is generally to be avoided. Staff very attentive and are there to assist when necessary. Other than the high-end options in Addis this is a fine choice. Hotel does not exchange currency although there is an exchange rate sign on the front counter. You must go downstairs to the left to the bank. There is also a grocery store next door that carries quite a few items.

Tip: Avoid rooms facing the front of the hotel and main street as the noise is quite noticeable - despite what the front desk says!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank DRNJ1960
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Enjoyed only one night here and found the room clean and the bath above my expectation.
The bed was super comfortable and the towels and added amenities in the bath were a treat.

Our room was on the top (8th) floor, so there wan't any noise disturbance from the street our room faced.

The hotel entrance is over a wooden plank bridge, so the area was muddy and under construction, but not enough to bother us.

Staff was super helpful! They provided an extra room key as we had separate agendas for the evening.

The breakfast staff was super helpful and provided additional coffee service upon request. An "egg-to-order" service was being set up as we were departing for our flight.

Room Tip: Facing the main road may be a problem on lower floors. It wasn't on the 8th floor, though.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was on a business trip to Addis and stayed at Wassamar for about 4 days. The stay was not bad. There was no AC or fan in the room...and actually you dont need it at all. I have been told that temperature in Addis is quite steady between 21 to 25 degrees C.

Breakfast was average... but I loved the omlet bar... they can prepare a perfect one exactly how you want it... you just need to be specific of what kind of egg you want.

Location wise, very nearby to airport. Hardly 3-4 minutes drive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business