New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Afro Land Lodge
Ranked #24 of 186 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Pattaya
“Extremely helpful and accommodating hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The room was reasonably priced and was more or less a suite that consisted of a lounge room with TV and sofas and a small kitchenette; an en suite bathroom; and a separate bedroom.

Assefa, the manager, kindly picked me up at the airport; allowed me to check in and take a shower about 9:00 a.m.; arranged a brief taxi tour of Addis; and helped me sort out things with Ethiopian Airlines by phone. He also arranged a complimentary airport shuttle early the next morning.

On my request, he allowed me to stay in the comfortable lobby of the hotel during a 14 hour layover a week after my stay, rather than sit in the airport all day long. He also kindly gave me a ride to the airport for my departing flight at the end of my stay in Ethiopia.

His staff was also very helpful, recommending restaurants and banks, and sharing an adapter and the password to the wifi connection, even though I was not technically a guest at that point.

I highly recommend this hotel because of its cleanliness, the large rooms, the reasonable rates, and, above all, because of the manager and the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Edward K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed there in Sept 2012 for five days. The hotel was the best we have stayed in. We have adopted twice from Ethiopia so we have been there many times. The staff were very friendly, and the manager was also very understanding. The breakfast was very good (recommend the pancakes) The services the hotel provide made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gerryseoul c
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at Afroland a number of times over the last year and really enjoyed our time there.

The rooms are large and clean, great for families as they have a small kitchenette and living room. Really good breakfast brought to your room and the staff are really welcoming, helpful and friendly.

The area (Bole Road) is great - lots of good coffee shops and restaurants and you can get food sent in if you like. They also sell beer and water in the hotel which is convenient.

We found reserving rooms easy via email and the airport pick ups and drop offs were great.

Overall, a really good place to stay and enjoy your time in Addis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank richard s
sf bay area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a lovely stay at the Afro Land Lodge. We had a King apartment room that was spacious and comfortable.

The breakfast was great, the staff very attentive.

The only downside was that the construction on Bole Road made traffic horrendous, and it took a really long time to go any where by car.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pacificatravelers
Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at Afro Land Lodge for the first of two trips for an international adoption. The staff always went above and beyond to make our stay great. Our King room was very spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful...especially the coffee! The only complaints would be that we sometimes had trouble with the water pressure in the shower and the internet was sometimes hard to get a signal. Otherwise, we would recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Addis Ababa...in fact we had it highly recommended to us!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy L
Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Afro Land Lodge very much. The staff was gracious and very helpful, the rooms were beautiful and clean, and the location was very convenient. I highly recommend the Afro Land Lodge - and give three cheers to the wonderful employees.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently spent 10 days at the Afroland Guest house as part of our adoption journey and was very impressed with it. The room i stayed in was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delivered to the room every morning on time and brought by a smiling member of the staff. All the staff from Aseffa the manager across the board were very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The collection from the airport was very reliable. As i was travelling alone on this occasion i relied on my laptop and wifi was available without fail in my room every day. The location is good and there are shops, restaurants and banks in easy walking distance.

My only complaint was that there is no communional space in this guest house and I know from personal experience that meeting other adoptive parents is an important part of the journey.

Room Tip: I stayed in a queen suite and it was very large and comfortable