Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours

Book in advance
from
$153.85
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours
from $153.85
from $220.52
from $98.00
from $256.42
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed August 12, 2019

I was traveling and needed a tour with someone who spoke English well, was knowledgeable of the city and would be very professional. Muluken was these things and more!

Date of experience: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EthiopiaTours88, General Manager at Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Dear Julian,

Thank you very much for choosing Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours for your private city tour of Addis Ababa!!

It is really a pleasure to be your tour guide in Addis and showing your interesting places around.

Thanks again for booking your tour and rating/leaving review of your second day tour experience with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours!

With best wishes,

Reviewed August 7, 2019

This was the second tour we undertook with Merit Tours and it was a half day trip with a visit to a local spice market, a traditional coffee ceremony, making Ingera and actually tasting home cooked Ethiopian food. The coffee ceremony, home cooking, etc was all at the home of our driver and was superb both in terms of quality and hospitality.

Moreover, based on the research we did, Merit Tours are a lot less expensive than many of the competitors. So "Win-Win" at all levels.

Date of experience: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EthiopiaTours88, General Manager at Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Julian,

Thank you very much for booking Full Day Tour of Addis Ababa and Half Day Cultural Experience in Addis Ababa with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours for two consecutive days!!

Thank you also rating and review your tour with us!! It was a pleasure to show you around.

We look forward to show you more of Ethiopia someday

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 31, 2019

Muluken (an official guide) gave a great tour of the city, cathedral, monuments and a wonderful coffee/Ethiopian meal experience.

Very accommodating, we only had from 8AM until a 4PM flight, everything worked out fine. Also, very accommodating for my travel photography hobby. We stopped I jumped out several times!

I new little more than Haile Sellasie and Coptic church... we left with a great understanding of a very interesting culture.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank digitalFlack
EthiopiaTours88, General Manager at Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Dear Hope,

Thank you very much for booking your city tour of Addis Ababa with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours!!

It is a pleasure to show you around in Addis Ababa and I am very honored to have you enjoyed your tour of Addis Ababa with me.

Thanks again for rating and leaving a review for Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours!!

Me and my colleagues wish to show you more of Ethiopia someday

With best wishes,

Reviewed July 13, 2019

I originally only booked Muluken at Merit for a tour of Debre Libanos but then decided to book him for a tour of Tiya and a half-day tour of Addis as well. He was a fantastic guide and it felt like I saw Ethiopia through the eyes of a local, rather than as a tourist. Visiting with the Oromo people was especially interesting and everywhere we went across Ethiopia, people seemed to recognize Muluken! Highly recommend. He was able to customize my itinerary a little based on my hectic flight schedule, so that we could fit in as much as possible.

Date of experience: July 2019
EthiopiaTours88, General Manager at Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Dear Olga,

Hello!!

Thank you very much for booking Day Trip from Addis Ababa to Debre Libanos Monastery, Day Trip from Addis Ababa to the rock church of Adadi Mariam and Steles of Tiya and City Tour of Addis Ababa with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours for three consecutive days!!

It was really a pleasure to show you the historical, cultural, religious and natural sites of Addis Ababa and around!

Thanks a lot you again for taking time to rate and review your experience with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours.

I look forward to show you interesting places in Ethiopia someday.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed June 21, 2019

Great way to get around and get to know the city. Entrance to Holy Trinity is 200birr and Raguel 100birr. Lucy at the museum was the highlight of course but so many other things in the museum, like Selam. Mercato was an eye-opener--I could not have gone there on my own. And the coffee ceremony is a wonderful day-ender. I am very glad I booked this trip. My guide was Biruk (pronounced (Brk) and driver Ber, a great team. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome and accommodate weird requests: I needed to find refrigerator magnets for people back home and it ended up being our real day-ender.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Climber829025
EthiopiaTours88, General Manager at Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Hello!

This is Muluken from Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours.
Thank you very much for booking the Full-Day City Tour of Addis Ababa with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours!!

It is really great to know my colleagues Biruk and Bire helped you to enjoy your city tour of Addis Ababa and learn about the city.

Thank you indeed for your rating and reviewing your experience with Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours team.

We wish you all the best and hope to show you more of Addis Ababa and Ethiopia someday.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Muluken Girma