“Two nights in Addis Ababa”
Review of KZ Hotel

KZ Hotel
Ranked #93 of 124 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were 3 couples on a 5 day tour in Ethiopia. We stayed in Addis Ababa for 2 nights in the end of June and chose KZ Hotel because of its location, not so far away from the airport and not so far away from the centre. If you are flying out of Addis Ababa in the early morning hours this hotel is very conveniently located. Our rooms were quite o.k. perhaps a bit small but big enough for us.The staff were very friendly and helpful and we got excellent service at the check in and by the bar personell.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 3, 2013

it is clean and safety but staff and reception guys cheating customers
i stayed from 25 jun 2013 - 30 jun 13
rate of exchange for dollar (1950 - 1850) less than out side and there no full information about late check in and check out
they are not trustable
you have to be care

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nasraldin E
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good friendly and helpful. The location is excellent, the staff are really friendly and keen to help. The food in the restaurant is better than other hotels nearby and the waitresses/waiters plus kitchen staff are keen to adapt and modify the meals when they can according to your requirements e.g. less cheese on the pizza!

Room Tip: Book the rooms at the back of the hotel to reduce street noise and they are cooler in the summer/dar...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

You stay in this hotel if you want a key location. It is basically in heart of Addis Ababa with a lot of transportation, restaurants and cafes. It is also close to everything.

Other than the location, the hotel is small and the service is okay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, felt I had to provide feedback for KZ because I had such a nice stay there! I stayed there for more than 2 weeks and during that time the staff couldn't have made me feel more at home. Everyone knew my name and took the time to chat to me anytime I passed and make sure I had anything I needed! My room was really comfortable and I had a good WiFi connection. The location is also great, there are so many restaurants, bars and shops around (check out Lime Tree cafe just down the road, it's great!). But most of all I just loved the warm and friendly service at KZ - I hope to return to Addis one day and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was my fourth stay and the hotel gets my return custom because of the assistance and friendliness of the staff. They are a credit to the business. The rooms are clean, simple and secure, the room service menu delicious and affordable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2012

After this hotel resold my wife's booked and pre-paid room on the evening of the 30th November 2011, my wife, who was travelling solo, was stranded in a foreign city in the middle of the night. We still are trying to get a refund from them. Although they sold the room twice and were paid for it twice they still steadfastly refuse to refund. I repeat, DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL under any circumstances. In addition, shame on Hotels.com and Opodo UK who have been totally unhelpful in resolving this matter.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo