See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The good: it's very close to the airport; the restaurant is efficient and the food is good. The people working there are generally very nice.

The not-so-good: Definitely down at the heels. I stayed in 2 different rooms on 2 different stays, and both were in significant need of refreshing (major stains in rugs, etc.). For some reason the hairdryers use a USA-type plug, and in one room they did not provide an adapter so that the hairdryer would actually work; in the other room where an adapter was provided, I had to hold the plug in the adapter the entire time I was using the hairdryer so that it wouldn't disconnect.

The first room I was given featured non-functioning Internet and phone, so they moved me to another room where both worked (although I had to whack the phone on the table in order to un-stick the receiver so I could answer the phone). On my 2nd stay (on the 7th floor), the lights in the hallway didn't work at all, which was fairly creepy.

I don't have much to compare KZ to in Addis--during the rest of my time in Ethiopia I was either in the Sheraton, which is very expensive, or camping. But I did have to wonder if there was a better-value alternative than KZ in its price range.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Booking for my wife I twice contacted them by their website. Although it says they will respond in 24 hours I heard nothing. Finally managed to book and paid upfront. When my wife arrived at Bole Airport and 'phoned them they had given the room away, saying she hadn't confirmed.
Now trying to get our money back. First they say she had booked in, now they saying she didn't but can't have a refund because she didn't confirm. Book this place at you peril!

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed November 7, 2011

On the Bole Road, very close to the airport. There's a taxi stand outside for getting around town, and there are several decent eating places nearby. It's right next door to the Wassamar Hotel, and slightly cheaper: C.$90, inc taxes etc, breakfast, airport shuttle, Wi-Fi and mini gym.

The reception, bar and restaurant are a bit cramped, but that's a minor complaint.

Email: info@kzfamilyhotel.com / kzhotel08@yahoo.com
Phone: 011 6185138
Web: http://www.kzfamilyhotel.com/

Room Tip: The rooms at the back face on to a brick wall; the ones at the front have the traffic. I'd take the traffic over the brick wall...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Filthyfetta
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is my 3rd stay @ the KZ Hotel in the past 8 months, & each stay just keeps getting better! The location is ideal-VERY close to the airport (literally 3-5 mins. from the hotel), & downtown Addis (stores, restaurants, sites, etc.); the hotel has a very nice & clean atmosphere & easily accommodates the single traveller as well as the business groups. Most notable are the amazing Staff who thoroughly understand the importance of great customer service
& provide personal attention to all. Atos Jonas & Abi and their Staff are very accommodating to insure that you have a very comfortable stay, and feel like it's your "home away from home." Similarly, they are very receptive to any suggestions to help them continue to provide excellent service. The Service Staff always make a concerted effort to attend to all of your service and comfort needs!...and are frequently able to anticipate this by paying close attention to all their patrons!...Time & time again, the hospitality, service, personal touch & friendliness of the Staff have made this the hotel of choice for my Family & I!...Looking forward to the next time.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank EDEEZ
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and walking distance from restaurants and shopping.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo