“Budget Hotel at Nice Location and Neg Facilities”

Atlas International Hotel
Ranked #64 of 119 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Nairobi, Kenya
“Budget Hotel at Nice Location and Neg Facilities”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel at economic rate ($65). However, three things set me off - the wifi never worked. I was on an official mission and hence this really affected me schedules. Secondly, the lift stopped working and had to use the stairs. Finally, they did not provide airport drop at the last moment saying the driver was not available. I found this to be very unprofessional.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the rear side (not facing the road)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TravellerFoody

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After returning from a 3 week tour in Ethiopia with a private driver and no hotel reservation in Addis-Abbaba we took the driver's choice. We were very pleased to get good accommodation at a surprisingly good price 65US for a double in this hotel, conveniently situated about 15 minutes from the airport. Our spacious room was very clean. After touring Ethiopia we were stunned by the spotless bathroom (with a shower and elaborate system!!...). So we stayed 2 nights and decided for one more night before leaving Ethiopia. This time we opted for the room on the last floor with a huge bathroom and bathtub. Both our rooms were quiet., even the one situated near the elevator. The breakfast was good and the restaurant convenient if you don't want to wander somewhere else for a meal, but there are some other good and cheap Italian pizza places nearby. The staff was very nice and helpful and can reserve their shuttle to Bole airport or a taxi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank voyageuse002
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights...the overall experience is good..the room is clean with satellite TV....breakfast is extremely poor...however, felt that the staff are doing their very best to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible...free wifi Broadband internet access is available as well

the best thing about this hotel is the location...very central....5 minutes away to Bole commercial area and top restaurants...10 minutes away from the airpiort..

if I had loads of money I would have considered one of those 5 star hotels, however, considering my budget I don't staying in this hotel again...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Handasa
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for five nights and I was very disappointed by the overall experience. To begin with one of the women front desk receptionists was quite rude to the point of arrogance and doesn't want to help guests (or at least she didn't help me) and her answers to my questions were very irritating. Then the room I was given was so small you can barely move in it. You can also not use the toilet properly as it has very little space for you to sit. I was therefore always facing the wrong direction whenever I used the toilet. You should also definitely try the bed physically before you book the room if you can. I think they have one of these cheap Chinese mattresses and it was painful for my back. The only reason I didn't move to another hotel was because the location was central and I leave very early in the morning and return late in the evening for a few hours of sleep. At 65 USD for such a poor room it is definitely expensive. If you are not interested in the location then I advise you to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank MGH2011
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have a great expriance staying in Atlas Hotel and Atlas Resort in Duckem, it is very clean friendly enviroment, convinient, location close to a buisness, Night Live, govenment,market area .close to the airport. great customer service, Recomended. enjoy

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The staff was friendly and helpful. I don't know what the other reviewer is talking about - everybody spoke English. I would definitely stay again... it's worth saving money that would be wasted on one of the major branded hotels. Even if you book online, call to be sure your room is reserved.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank DirtyRed78
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My wife is Ethiopian so we travel there a lot. This hotel has 'local rate' rooms and 'western rate' rooms. It is clean and centrally located - easy to get to from BOLE airport. The 'local rooms' are fine if you are on a budget. Service is 'good' by Ethiopian standards. Restaurant and bar are fine. Internet is free. Could do with a lick of paint but overall it is very good value for money. There are plenty of hotels that reach western standards but you pay four times more.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple