“Best in Addis”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa
Ranked #3 of 121 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent hotel. Better value than the Sheraton or Hilton. Meals were fantastic, Internet was included, and the service was extraordinary. Not located in a "walking " neighborhood per se, but the nicest oasis in Addis. I stayed 18 nights. If you still like a hotel after 18 nights it is a keeper. Dave C

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
ChristopherPike2014, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear David B,
Many thanks for taking the time to write this very positive comment here on trip advisor.
I greatly appreciate the five star rating you have given us and the very positive comment you shared. It’s a pleasure to read that our complimentary Wi-Fi internet, quality of our dishes and service provided by my team made your stay enjoyable.
With hopes that you will choose to stay with us again, I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.
For any updates about your favorite business class hotel I invite you to like and follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been staying in Radisson hotels for many years now - hence the familiarity. Hotel was good - rooms were decent size and the access to business lounge was great. The breakfast was nice with a decent spread and so was the italian dinner place. Watching a good match with beer in the Lounge was perfect.. all in all a good stay.. perhaps the hotel can do something about the unwanted advances made by girls sitting in Bar area - sure they are not staying in hotel. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ChristopherPike2014, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Jeet _junior,
Many thanks for staying with us on your recent visit to Addis and for the positive comment you have shared here on Trip advisor.
I can understand from your comment that our Super breakfast buffet and access to business class lounge were all to your liking.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the inappropriate gestures made by one of our other patrons. Please be assured that the hotel takes a proactive action to prevent guests being approached in inappropriate manner and all of our team undergoes regular trainings to ensure genuine nature of all of our clientele. Based on your comment we will again review our procedures.

With hopes that you will choose to stay with us again I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

staff were kind, bar open until late, good food, nice room. they also offer a shuttle service every 45minutes in the morning. Internet a bit slow. bar open until late serving good food in a nice environment. Overall very good hotel

Dear Clemente,
Thank you very much for making the Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa hotel of your choice on your recent visit to Addis and for taking the time to give us five star rating and this very positive comment here on Trip Advisor.
It is an absolute pleasure to read that your stay with us was satisfactory and the comfort of our rooms, friendliness of our staff and the ambiance of the hotel were all to your liking.
I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel was one of the best places I've ever stayed at. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Everyone seemed genuinely nice- from the security people to the housekeeping to the manager. And since I was traveling alone, I had small and enlightening chats with some of the hotel staff. I can see the beautiful view of the city and the mountains from my room window. Which was interesting to see specially at night. Inside, it was extremely quiet and I didn't hear a single noise either from outside the hotel or the other rooms. The room serviced-meals were also delicious and is affordable (there was a free breakfast buffet but I was not able to sample it because I was in a hurry to travel on the next day). There is also an Ethiopian Airlines office inside the hotel for travelers who need to make quick changes or add trips in their flights. If ever I came by Addis Ababa in the future, I'll definitely stay at Radisson Blue again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank GavMari

Dear GavMari,
Thank you very much for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa, for the five star rating and for taking the time to share with us this very positive comment.
We always strive to deliver the best service to our guests, with our YesICan! Service attitude and 100% guest satisfaction guarantee. I am delighted to learn that the professionalism of our staff of our room and location of the hotel made your stay enjoyable.
I very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Should you have the chance kindly find us on Facebook and Twitter to have updated information about our hotel.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I registered to the Business class section, they have excellent services. The breakfast and lunch are just as we want, light and simple but very good and fast. Very polite, friendly and good service, with a smile. Rooms are nice and clean, well equiped with nice bathroom. Excellent bedding.
Only regrets: the gym is small (very nice spa however, but I am a weight training addict!), and the wireless was not very good in my room (but I was able to get it in the business lounge anyway).
As regards location, it is very convenient for meeting around UNECA, and it is convenient to have meetings at the café.

Room Tip: pay an extra $ on the business class section, it worth it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ChristopherPike2014, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Carouba,
Thank you very much for making Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa hotel of your choice on your recent visit to Addis and for the positive comments you have shared with us here on Trip advisor.
I understand from your comment that the efficient service delivered by our staff, quality and variety of our breakfast and dinner buffet in Verres en Vers restaurant and cleanliness of our rooms along with the central location of the hotel were all to your liking.
Your concern with regards to our internet connection is well noted, we are working very hard to tackle this problem with our service provider as the shortcoming is from their side.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The breaksfast was excellent. The rooms were spacious and pleasant. The location was good. Most of all, the staff was superb and tried to help me in every way. My luggage did not arrive with me, but the staff person at the desk was on top of it and kept calling the airpory until my luggage arrived. I asked for a late check out (&, after checking for room availability), I was allowed to check out in the late afternoon. The manager was also outstanding in helping me. It was like my family was helping me -- and always with a smile.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
ChristopherPike2014, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Marry Kathleen,

Thank you very much for making the Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa your hotel of choice on your recent visit to Addis and for the time you took to share with us this very positive comment here on Trip advisor.

It’s a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast buffet, spaciousness of our rooms and its central location. I understand from your comment that my team was able to exceed your expectations through the service they delivered. It is a great message of compliment for us and I will be sure to share this with them.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Second time back and I have to say that it has only gotten better. The food was great, the hotel is very clean, the security is top notch, and the Staff is friendlier than anybody else you know! I would recommend that you pay the couple birr more and stay in a great hotel like this. I am here for another couple weeks, and I and already satisfied.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for choosing to come back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa and for taking the time to share with us this positive comment here on trip advisor.

It gives me an absolute pleasure to read that the service delivered and setup of the hotel made you to choose to come back and on your second visit we are able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to share the message of compliments with the entire team here at the hotel.

If there is anything we can do for you to make your stay even much more enjoyable please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Should you have the chance kindly find us on Facebook and Twitter to have updated information about your favorite first class business hotel here in the heart of Addis Ababa.