“A gem in Addis Ababa”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa
Ranked #3 of 120 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed February 2, 2014

A home away from home. Very attentive staff plus the personal attention of the Manager makes this hotel stand proudly amongst the best in the world.The free super fast wifi gives it the best edge over most hotels in Addis. The casual and easy ambience of the foyer and lobby is quite appealing.Breakfast is the best in Addis, especially after staying in 5 of the top hotels in the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Dr. Zakes,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for your very positive review on Trip advisor.
I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to my colleagues. I am very glad you enjoyed our complimentary Wi-Fi internet, attentiveness of our staff and the ambiance of our hotel.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Addis. Should you have the chance kindly find us on Facebook and Twitter to have updated information about our hotel.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights mid-January. The hotel is fantastic. The rooms are very nice. The bed is comfortable with great pillows, there is a sitting chair, desk, TV and a nice closet with safe. The bathroom was great - in addition to a tub there was a shower stall which I greatly appreciated!! The room was clean and the cleaning staff were thorough. The hotel had a wonderful outside seating area where you could eat lunch or dinner or have drinks in the evening. The restaurant had a very nice selection for breakfast - breads, cheese, meat, fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, juice, tea and coffee. Lunch and dinner were also quiet good - I had a tagliatella with sautéed vegetables for dinner one night and it was great. The staff were fantastic - the restaurant and front desk staff were very helpful. In addition, the consierge service was great - they helped with arranging transportation to dinner and also for a drive around the city. As far as a hotel to stay while in Addis I give it my highest recommendation.

In addition, we were there hosting a large conference. The conference services were great in terms of attention to our needs and the helpfulness of the staff. The staff that helped arrange the meeting were phenomenal - helping address all our needs - to the tiniest detail. The meeting space was very nice and everything was carefully arranged. Technologically the hotel still needs some improvement - only a four extension cords for the entire hotel could be found and there issues with the sound system and microphones. Hopefully in time with additional larger meetings being hosted at hotel they will add on features.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good day. Firstly I would like to thank you for making the Radisson Blu, hotel of your choice during your recent visit to Addis and for taking the time to write your very positive comments and recommendation on Trip advisor.
It gives me a great pleasure to learn that the setup and cleanliness of the rooms, variety and quality of our super breakfast buffet, our front desk and concierge were all to your liking.

We value your comment about our Meeting and Events facilities and we are already working on its improvement, in the mean time if the unavailability of the materials did created inconvenience during your meeting, please accept my sincere apologies.

I hope you will chose to stay with us again and we will try our best to make the necessary corrections as per your comments.
Many thanks again and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Addis.

Best regards
General Manger

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel was very good as I have enjoyed it very well the rooms was good and also the reception team also the food is very good I have enjoyed the fitness center and also the internet but I wish that there was swimming pool

1  Thank Mohamed A
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Mohamed A.

Good day sir. Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay in our hotel and for the very positive comments.

I hope you will make the Radisson Blu Hotel of your choice on your next visit to Addis and i look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Outstandind staff, room very good, food good. Although not the best gym I´ve seen, it´s there and you can do what you need to in rowing machince and barbells. A must after a long flight. Clean and nice. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Elmar S.

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel. Many thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay in our hotel and for your recommendation.
It gives me an absolute pleasure to read that our staff were as attentive, our rooms and variety and quality of our food were as good. I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Addis.

Should you have the chance, kindly find us on Facebook and Twitter to have updated information about our hotel.

Many thanks again and Kind regards

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Our group was staying next door at the Jupiter International, and we were looking for a quiet place for dinner. The food selection was excellent, and a nice chance of pace after two weeks in Ethiopia. The wine selection was good as well. Very attentive waitstaff. Great vibe. I'd recommend stopping here for dinner or drinks.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear LisaNittany,

I would like to thank you and your group for choosing to dine at the Radisson Blu Hotel and for the very positive comments on trip advisor. It gives me great pleasure to learn that you have recommended the food and wine selection in our restaurant and the wait staffs were as attentive.

On your next visit to Addis in addition to dinning at the Radisson Blu, I hope you will also consider staying with us. Should you have any requests for future group bookings please let us know via the below email address, we will be more than happy to assist you

reservations.addisababa@radissonblu.com .

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Spacious clean room - good food - Management was able to allow me an early check in which is important after a long night flight from Rome. Looking forward to going back in a couple of months for a biz trip

1  Thank Carlos P

Dear Carlos P,

Thank you very much for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel and for taking the time to write your positve comments on trip advisor. We will always strive to keep our promise of 100% guest satisfaction to our valued guests, hence early check – in based on availability.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Addis.

Should you have the chance kindly find us on Facebook and twitter to have updated information about our hotel.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Another stay at the RB for business and it never fails to disappoint especially with regard to the friendly and welcoming staff that run the operation. From Taha and the front desk team toDaniel and the bar staff to Hiwot and Team at breakfast and Ephrem in the gym, they are always there to help, guide and make sure your every need is catered for. The restaurant menu could do with an overhaul as it is not particularly adventurous or varied and the wine is acceptable. But the key benefit of staying at the RB as opposed to others like the Sheraton is the manner in which you are treated as one of the family. The best place to stay in Addis for sure.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear CocacolaPhil,

Many thanks for making the Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa, hotel of your choice and for taking the time to write your positive comments on Trip advisor.

It gives me great pleasure that our staffs were as friendly and as attentive during you recent stay. I will make sure to communicate your appreciation to all my staff.

With regards to our Restaurant menu, since we make sure to review it as often as possible, I hope on your next visit you will be able to find variety of dishes to your liking and choice.

I very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson on your next business visit to Addis.