Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton Addis Ababa(Addis Ababa)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Ghion Hotel(Addis Ababa)
Damu Hotel(Addis Ababa)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbusiness loungebusiness classcoffee shopsmall gymbusiness hotelbusiness triproom serviceexcellent hotelmodern hotellate checkmain restaurantrooms are spacious and cleanbreakfast buffetairport shuttlethe hotel offersenjoyed my stayethiopian food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently spent four nights in the Radisson Blu, either side of a tour of northern Ethiopia. The hotel was a world class hotel with every convenience. Particularly noticeable after staying at hotels in regional centres was that at the Radisson, everything worked, service was experienced and extremely competent and the food was first class with a variety of western and local dishes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa and for taking the time to write your positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and services delivered were as per your expectations. I very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Addis.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here last week, along with several colleagues. The rest of our party were in the Hilton (see separate review). We had the better deal! The Radisson Blu is a new hotel, with large comfortable and very clean rooms. The beds are so comfortable you don't want to get up. If you can bring yourself to get up, the shower is so good you don't want to get out!

The restaurant serves a wide range of good food (I highly recommend the baked Nile perch), and the bar serves a good range of drinks (and the bar staff make a great mojito!). All the staff are really friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to help us. There's a bank in the hotel (you WILL need to change money into Ethiopian birr).

The hotel is spotlessly clean. Other hotels (Hilton, particularly) have problems with cockroaches but there was absolutely no sign of anything in the Radisson Blu.

Tips for travellers:
* Tipping: 100 birr or $5 is the usual for good service.
* Taxis are a nightmare - there is no regulation and they are often very dangerous. We hired a minibus for a couple of trips out via Entto (http://www.ethiopiatourandtravel.com/id2.html ) but you need to haggle with the manager...offer half his original price and haggle until he offers something reasonable! And ask for Solomon as your driver - he's superb.
* Take a spare phone and get a local SIM. You can get one in the shop across from the hotel but you'll need a spare passport-sized photo and a photocopy of your passport (hotel will print one off for you). You then buy extra credit...the call costs are high.

Room Tip: Go for a room above 4th if you want any kind of view. I had a room at the front and there was very little noise. Views of the street and traffic...I liked watching the local people going about their business. Very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lou R
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Many thanks for your positive comments and recommendation. I am delighted to learn that you were satisfied with the service delivered and have enjoyed your stay with us. We very much hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Addis.

Best Regards

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is one of the newer hotels in Addis and is well located near the UN building and within walking distance of Meskel Square. Very nice rooms and very good restaurant. It's about the same price as the dated Hilton but unfortunately does not have the lovely garden and pool area. Nevertheless, I think it is an excellent choice for Addis.

Internet is fast and reliable.

My only complaint is that Addis suffers from numerous power outages and this hotel does not have emergency back power on its elevators and many guests, including myself, were stuck for at least 5 minutes at least once during my stay. This needs to be fixed.

Room Tip: Take rooms not facing the street and on higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael_6829
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Michael,

Many thanks for your positive comments, I'm delighted you had an enjoyable stay.
In regard to the elevators, they are connected to our back up generators, however, there is a couple of minutes delay before the elevators can resume operation. I am following up with our elevator service supplier to see how we can speed up the process. I greatly appreciate your comment.

I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Addis Ababa in the future.

Many thanks again and regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a wonderful stay in the Radisson Blu Addis Ababa. We received a very friendly welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and everything was fast and efficient. The room was a good size and the décor and cleanliness was first rate. A relaxed atmosphere in the bar and the food was very good. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor and had adjoining rooms, quieter and views over the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shelia,

Im delighted you had an enjotable stay and thank you for your very positive comments. I very much hope we can welcome you back and that we can meet personally.

Many thanks again and regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Having traveled the world on business, the Radisson Blu in Addis Ababa is by far the best. What a great experience, from the airport pick up to drop off! The quality, service and attention to detail is really exceptional. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MelodyB14

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for the time you took to write your positive comments. I greatly appreciate your recommendation. I sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Addis.

Many thanks again and best regard