“Diamond in the "rough"”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa
Ranked #3 of 122 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Having traveled the world on business, the Radisson Blu in Addis Ababa is by far the best. What a great experience, from the airport pick up to drop off! The quality, service and attention to detail is really exceptional. Would absolutely stay here again.

1  Thank MelodyB14
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for the time you took to write your positive comments. I greatly appreciate your recommendation. I sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Addis.

Many thanks again and best regard

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Radisson Blu in Addis Ababa is brand new and modern, flawlessly decorated and with excellent service. The beds are so luxurious you won't want to get up! (Unfortunately, I was there for a work meeting so had to!) The breakfast and lunch buffets are wonderful and fresh: a mix of Ethiopian and international food, you choose, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Dinner in the restaurant or room service delicious. Another treat is the Tomoco coffee shop in the hotel! A delicious set of fruit. I was also spoiled by the gym, which has a good selection of cardio machines and weights. I did not use the spa myself but my colleagues raved about it.

So, why not 5 stars? 1. No pool; 2. No coffee machines in rooms (I learned later that I could have asked for one, oh well.) 3. While the airport pick up from the airport was flawless, the airport pick up TO the airport was 15 minutes late. Unacceptable. Fortunately I didn't miss my flight. 4. Remember, you pay for this luxury. Not cheap.

Room Tip: I was happy with mine. 6th floor. ASK for a coffee machine.
1  Thank ClintWorldWide
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Your positive comments and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to do so. My apologies for the inconvenience you come across during your airport pickup. We will look into the matter and take necessary measures. We very much hope to welcome you back next time you travel to Addis.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

While this is a business hotel, it is the service above and beyond that puts this in a class of its own. I have never experienced consideration for customers like this.
From Bereket who bent over backwards to help me out of a sticky situation at the airport, to Efrem who made me special tea for my cold and all the many other kind and thoughtful staff. Thank you for making my second stay at the Radisson as amazing as the first.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ClaireVolk
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your positive comments. I am pleased to learn that our staff were attentive to your requests and made your stay enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel next time you travel to Addis.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am very impressed with the service and will definitely stay here again. It did seem pricey at first but the breakfast was great, friendly and accommodating staff and good location and access for my meetings. Also, I quite liked the breakfast to go counter upon checkout, the standard room on the 3rd floor was large, comfortable and clean.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review and positive comments. I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the services delivered were as per your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time you are in Addis.

General Manger

Reviewed September 16, 2013

While the food is only average (other than breakfast which is excellent), the service quality is excellent, and the rooms are well appointed, comfortable and if you ask a kettle will be provided

I do not see why I need to put more characters here. Waste of time

Room Tip: Back is quieter

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to write us your feedback and positive comments. We will look into the matters you have mentioned and we will take necessary measures. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to Addis.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had several short stays in this hotel. It is clean, food is average to good (safe to eat). And when I arrived the bar was already closed but room service took over the bar. I ordered my beers by calling room service and got served in the bar. Creativeness. I love it!

Spa is nice. But I miss an outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Try a room opposite of the street side. Street side was a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Japie34
Christopher2012_12, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments. We look forward to welcome you back next time you travel to Addis.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Travelling to six different countries across Africa for business and staying in various hotels, i have found the Radisson Blu in Addis Ababa to be the best by far. An absolute pleasure to stay in from arrival to departure. A good home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your positive comments. I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we very much hope to welcome you back on your next travel to Addis.