Abbaba's Villa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ras Amba Hotel(Addis Ababa)
View Hotel
Addis Regency Hotel(Addis Ababa)
View Hotel
Edna Addis Hotel(Addis Ababa)
Hotel Soramba(Addis Ababa)
Semien Hotel(Addis Ababa)
Taitu Hotel(Addis Ababa)
  • Restaurant
Eliana Hotel(Addis Ababa)
View Hotel
Ag Palace Hotel(Addis Ababa)
Afropolitan Hotel(Addis Ababa)
View Hotel
Hilton Addis Ababa(Addis Ababa)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstaxi ridestay there againhome away from hometwo nightsaccommodationethiopiaguesthousesbirrdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Abbaba's Villa has become a home for us! We will come back as soon as possible. Eyerusalem's hospitality made us feel comfortable from the first moment, we arrived. Wonderful rooms, wonderful guest-room for all guests, a nice garden. Two horses and four small dogs that soon bacame friends of our daughter. Breakfast and, if you want, also lunch and dinner, are very tasty. We will recommend this guest house, that is located in the sub city of Yeka, to everybody, we know.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank reiseanki
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I enjoted my stay at Abbabas Villa Guesthouse, it's a lovely old house with a very homely and comfortable ambience. I enjoyed sitting on the terrace chatting and drinking in the greenery of the gardens. My bedroom was quite comfortable although it would have been helpful to be able to hang up some of my clothes. Jerusalem was a friendly, kind, extremely helpful and thoughtful hostess. I would certainly stay there again

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Poetrypink
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was so lucky to find this guesthouse with it's surroundings full of cultural and character. Initially I was booked at Z Guesthouse but this fell through and I came across Abbaba's Villa. Travelling alone to Ethiopia for the first time after leaving a trekking trip in Kenya I wanted somewhere in Addis where I could feel safe, secure, relax whilst also having access to the city. I found all this and more at Abbaba's Villa. I was collected at the airport and 20 minutes later I was transplanted into this oasis.
The Villa is hidden away behind gates in the suburbs towards Ferenzi past the French Embassy.
It is on a large plot of land but only has six guest rooms which gives it that homely feeling. I liked that each room has it's own ensuite bathroom. Breakfast is substantial, a mixture of Europan and Ethiopian, it set me up for the day. Lunch and dinner could be orderd there which I did a few times and was delicious. I am vegetarian but they catered for me wonderfully.
Abbaba's Villa is a quality guesthouse where you can wander and relax in it's large living room, garden or grounds (with stabling for horses). It's excellent value for money as accomodation in Addis is not cheap unless you want really basic. You definately feel that you are in Ethiopia as the decor is amazing.
The owner (who lived in the US speaks English) and staff are very friendly and helpful. The owner will even give you tours, which was brilliant for me as it meant I saw more of the city and the country - of course you need to recompense her - but it was invaluble having a trusted local person to take you around and her car was in great condition
Access to the city is via transport, but you could walk if you're adventerous, it takes about 10 minutes. I tried the local minibus (2.25 birr) & private taxis (30 birr) which are caught 1 minute up the road from the Villa. You pass through Siddist Kilo & Arat Kilo which has lots of places of interest & restaurants - I spent a couple of days going to the museums & churches, shopping and going off the beaten track whilst still in a safe enviroment.
Properties like the Abbaba's Villa are rare, don't miss the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Reeshe27
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This is a lovely secure guest house around 15 mins from the airport. The public rooms are superb as is the welcome from Jerusalem, the owner. Rooms are spotless but a bit dated and the water supply was intermittent. The main downside is the apparent lack of any nearby bars or restaurants but this was no problem for us as we were only here for 2 separate nights at each end of a trekking holiday.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

A beautiful and well-kept Villa from Haile Selassie's time. Even a horse in the large flowering garden. The owner and the team are incredibly friendly and helpful in making your stay comfortable and explaining many details about Ethiopian culture and society.
No downtown hussle and buzzle, but a relaxed non-tourist neighborhood close to French embassy from where it is easy to get around town by taxi. They even serve an all-veggie menu, if desired.

• Stayed: August 2010