“Okay but be carefull”

Ranked #19 of 117 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Eureka, California
“Okay but be carefull”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My room was very worn out. the carpets were badly stained. They do not replace the towels every day. The gym was great. Outside the hotel there are so many beggars.
They are very aggressive as well. The shuttle service was not in service when I landed. I had to go to another hotel service and have them call. I had prearranged pick up.
Do not go to the dinning room upstairs. After 50 minutes of waiting for my food I left.

Room Tip: maybe one that has been redone
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank humboldtraveler
Dear. sir/madame

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel.and for taking the time to write your reviews on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to learn about your room carpet and the services you mentioned , kindly accept my apologies as this is not our usual standard and I would like to let you know that the departments concerned are informed to avoid future re occurrence.and i would like to tell you that we have changed a brand new carpet in all rooms. In the mean time if there is any way we can make it right to you, please let me know, through hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com,

Frontoffice Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

. We were billed for services we were not given in the hope that we would not check our bill.
Hotel apologized and deducted item fro our bill. We asked to speak to the manager but we were told he was no available. We never had the time to return to see the manager.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear. sir/madame

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel.and for taking the time to write your reviews on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to learn that you had issues with your bill which i would like to know what it was. In the mean time, if there is any way i can make it right to you, please let me know, through hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com

Travelers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel in 2011-12 for over a half a dozen times, I really enjoyed staying then. Seems the magic was lost in this visit in Feb 2014. I had recommended to quite a number of people about the hotel. But this time my experience wasn't so pleasant, the reception staff was rather stiff and had some kind of attitude to our requests and complaints, and I had to meet the manager to get them cleared.

Proximity to airport and location is surely a plus point which other hotels too have. Breakfast is good, ambiance is nice, the gym was great, pool is excellent and i am sure with better response and service from the reception staff, can be a nice one.

1 Thank GT1912
Dear Gnaneshwar,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel . and for taking the time to write your positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn that your experience was not so pleasant during this visit, kindly accept my apologies as this is not our usual standard and you are our loyal customer who could understand this . and I would like to let you know that i have noted the point you mentioned to avoid future re occurrence. In the mean time if there is any way I can make it right to you, please let me know, through hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com,

Addis Ababa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Harmony Hotel is a ver good hotel. Verry nice staff, good spacious rooms, good swimming people, no complaints.
But I had a serious problem with my payment and it could not be solved so be careful with that. I booked and paid online and untill check out the hotel claimed they didn't receive the payment. It seemed to me that nobody made any effort to solve it. But also cheaphotels.nl wasn't very eager at first to solve it, only after phone calls from friends at home they came into action and did solve it for me (they gave me my money back so I could pay the hotel). The issue took all week and wasn't very pleasant. Advice of my ethiopan friends was not to pay online and only to book hotels without pre-payment. this problem seems to happen quite often in ethiopia so be careful.
But Addis is a wonderful place so if you take good care of your money and make reservations directly with the hotel themselves it's worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear. Frits,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel.and for taking the time to write your positive reviews on Trip Advisor. we are delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy your stay with us .I am sorry to learn that you had a problem with the online booking payment, kindly accept my apologies as this is not our usual standard and I would like to let you know that the department concerned is informed to avoid future re occurrence. In the mean time if there is any way we can make it right to you, please let me know, through hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com,

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The new building is recommended. Breakfast is good. Expect some building noise and internet cuts. Location is very good and close to the airport. Shuttle is free and service is very good.
The check in and out service is o.k. too.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Doriti2013
Dear .Dorriti,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel.and for taking the time to write your positive reviews on Trip Advisor. we are delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy your stay with us .We very much hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Addis.

Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed in this hotel from 9 Feb 2014 - 14 Feb 2014. Out of 5 days, internet was not working for 3 days, hot water was not available in the evenings. Even after calling help desk, no one came to check the issue, and the most aweful thing is that while checking out, they denied to accept credit card citing some network issue, though I took a confirmation from them twice about payment through credit card before..I also requested them to keep the bill ready in advance as I did not want to get late for flight which was also not taken care of...I have to borrow money from one of my fellow officers in emegency as even ATM machines were denying amount after a specific limit. Forget about being apologetic....the only bill which I got was a cash receipt in which nothing is mentioned about like how much I have been charged on daily basis and if some other charges have been levied or not. But as I was getting late for my flight, so no way, I could have argued with them which they knew very well....Bole Road is full of nice hotels...never make a mistake of staying in Harmony Hotel.....as only name is Harmony...else its full of sense of Disharmony....I will be back in Addis Ababa on 23 Feb 2014 and will stay till 28 Feb 2014...but never in Harmony Hotel.....I did rather prefer to stay on road...if Harmony Hotel will be the last choice....

Room Tip: There are a lot of other hotels available on the same road...check them out...Harmony Hotel is disas...
3 Thank girish_manchanda
Dear.Girish,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel.and for taking the time to write your reviews on Trip Advisor .I am very sorry to learn that your stay had been a dissatisfaction because of the WiFi connection and credit card payment process , kindly accept my apologies as this is not our usual standard and I would like to let you know that the we have informed to the telecom service provider as the problem was from them, and it has been resolved . In the mean time if there is any way we can make it right to you, please let me know, through

hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com,

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my way to Hawassa, My flight from Nairobi came in late and after a smooth check in, I dropped my bags off and around 10:15 pm went to have dinner in the restaurant on the first floor. As the restaurant closes at 11:00 pm, I had a rushed dinner, paid my bill and went back to my room on the 4th floor - in the newer section of the hotel. I was the ONLY guest in the restaurant and didn't want to keep them any longer as they were changing shifts too. In that mild rush, I forgot to collect my new Apple I-phone that was sitting on a corner of the table. Since internet was not working, I was trying to use the phone to send a text message to my family. Around ten minutes later, I realized that I had left the phone on the table and rushed back to retrieve it, but it was gone. The two waiters (a young man and a woman) who had served me were also gone. I reported the matter to the supervisor and he apparently interrogated the two waiters privately, searched their lockers etc. and told me that both were adamant that they had not seen the phone. The following morning the hotel's General Manager called me to his office and was profusely apologetic about what happened. He summoned his HR Manager and top Security person and asked me to relate my story to them. They promised to conduct further investigations. When I returned from Hawassa, I checked back in with the General Manager but was surprised by the change in his attitude. It was like he didn't want to give credence or even admit any form of liability for what happened on his own property. I am now back home and have replaced the stolen phone but I don't think I will go back to that hotel again - as they have lost my trust. Given the nature of my work, I am a very regular international traveler but this is the first time I have lost a personal property in a hotel where I am staying.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ummuro A
Dear .ummro,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Harmony Hotel.and for taking the time to write your reviews on Trip Advisor .I am very sorry to learn that your case regarding the phone has not given an attention , kindly accept my apologies as this is not our usual standard. I have informed to the lost and found department for any update . but please accept my sincere apologize in this regard. In the mean time if there is any way we can make it right to you, please let me know, through hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com,