“Welcome Home to the Harmony Hotel.”
Review of Harmony Hotel

Harmony Hotel
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Brooklyn, New York
“Welcome Home to the Harmony Hotel.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Harmony hotel twice during a recent visit to Ethiopia. I was traveling alone and celebrating my birthday. When the hotel's front office manger, Eyouel Ashagre, noticed that I was checking in on my birthday as a solo traveler, he certainly ensured that I would have something to talk about for years to come by surprising me with flowers, a cake, and a card. I was thoroughly overcome by his thoughtfulness; the kindness that he showed to me, a complete stranger, was beyond belief.

The Harmony hotel is fully equipped with a restaurant, buna (coffee) bar, pool, gym, beauty salon, and massage room. (45 minute Swedish massages are less than $25 USD.) Room rates include free wifi, airport transfers, and breakfast.

The hotel's front office manger understands the meaning of outstanding customer service and personally ensures guests are treated like royalty.

The Harmony stands firmly as a major competitor in Ethiopia's growing tourism industry and because many business conferences are held on site, the hotel has a very strict security protocol to protect guests.

Pass on the Hilton. You'll get much more for your money at the Harmony Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LisaCorone
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Lisa,
Many thanks for your positive comments and recommendation. we are delighted to learn that you were satisfied with the service delivered and have enjoyed your stay with us. We very much hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Addis.

kind regards,

Front office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

It's unbelievable how bad and unfriendly a 4star hotel can treat you. At first being upgraded it all looks promising, we soon found out that the room next door was rebuild. So much noise!! The willingness to make the disturbance stop was none... Even after speaking to the manager. In short: never again!

PS not even mentioning the leakage and floading in the newly build bathroom. Or the bellboys complaining about our luggage etc.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Mark v
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Mark,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments. We have noted your mention of the noise and we will act upon it immediately. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. We look forward to welcome you next time you are in Addis.

Travelers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The airport shuttle bus was on time, we were met with very friendly people. The hotel is 10 minutes from the airport. Upon arrival at the hotel, however, we were met with quite unfriendly, unhelpful staff at check in. It seemed to be a huge effort to give us the wireless password, and when we asked where the restaurant was, we were curtly told that it was upstairs. We had to ask repeatedly for its location, and for opening times. There is no service, or information for tourists at this hotel. After asking repeatedly for advice, and being answered quite rudely, we gave up. The hotel's bar area is a good place to meet other guests to ask for places to visit. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the food was sufficient. It is such a pity that the staff were so unhelpful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adcat_11
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your feedback and the experience of your stay. We apologize for the dissatisfaction you faced during check in and services, i have taken note on this, and will make sure it will not happen a again .

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to Harmony Hotel.

Frontoffice Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room was spacious, had good facilities and balcony. The carpet was badly stained and the bathroom fittings were 5 years beyond their design life. (It was properly cleaned though.) It's this that drives the average rating.
Room door also had an alarm if you left it open too long.
The gym and pool were absolutely excellent.
The bar in reception was a great place to meet, both casual business meetings and chatting with fellow travellers. Very efficient staff.
Location to airport and other meeting locations was pretty good too

Room Tip: Ask for one with a clean carpet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
let me start by thanking you for sharing your opinion of our hotel on Trip Advisor, direct guest feedback like yours is an important tool to gage our performance. Your comments are appreciated and extremely valuable for us to improve our services in the future.

I’ve taken note of your comment regarding the alarm in the door , and I’m happy to inform you that we have already changed the carpet with stain .
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time you are in Addis.

Front office Manager
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed for the second time at Harmony Hotel, in Addis for two months of August and September. I had my room at the new building. I have stayed at other 5 star hotels in Addis like Intercontinental before.
I have found this hotel to meet and exceed the " standards" of a 5 star Hotel. The rooms are big, well decorated, comfortable, bed, large and clean bathroom. Have free wired and wireless access to Internet.
The staff of this hotel starting from the guards, the reception team, the waiters, both at the bars and at the restaurant are simply extraordinary. They are so humble and polite and efficient. Above all they are exceptionally honest and loyal.
I think the staff at this Hotel are extraordinary and I strongly believe that it reflects the quality of the leadership, which appears to freely percolate all the way down to the cleaners.
I do recommend this hotel to any body with out any reservation. You will definitely get your money's worth if enjoyment and rest at this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at the new building are simply top qualities
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Dr.Tseggai

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review and positive comments. we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the services delivered were as per your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time you are in Addis.

kind regards,
Front-office Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a friend. It was a good choice. It is not too far from the airport.

My room was very spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was excellent. The television had a wide selection of channels.

Perhaps the best feature of the hotel is the Consierge Desk. I am not very familiar with Addis Ababa, so whenever I went to ask for advice, I was given just the advice I needed and I was never made to feel a burden or a fool. The staff were all friendly, delightful and very helpful.

I only ate breakfast in the hotel, which is a fairly standard buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear William,

Thank you very much for your wonderful words about Harmony Hotel! It was a pleasure to read your comments and we are still working to exceed Guests expectation considering your valuable comments . The management and the team promise to keep up the good work. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With Kind regards,

Front office manage
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a hotel that tries very hard. Most of the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The rooms are clean. But little annoyances pop up routinely, e.g. mediocre food, flooded bathroom floors at each shower, occasional noise disturbances. If they can fix those things, this would be my preferred up-scale hotel in Addis in terms of value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful words about Harmony Hotel! It was a pleasure to read your comments and we will definitely fix all the recommended areas that need improvement . The management and the team promise to keep up the good work. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With best regards,