“Good hotel that needs an update”
Review of Harmony Hotel

Harmony Hotel
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good hotel that needs an update”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Room was spacious, had good facilities and balcony. The carpet was badly stained and the bathroom fittings were 5 years beyond their design life. (It was properly cleaned though.) It's this that drives the average rating.
Room door also had an alarm if you left it open too long.
The gym and pool were absolutely excellent.
The bar in reception was a great place to meet, both casual business meetings and chatting with fellow travellers. Very efficient staff.
Location to airport and other meeting locations was pretty good too

Room Tip: Ask for one with a clean carpet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
let me start by thanking you for sharing your opinion of our hotel on Trip Advisor, direct guest feedback like yours is an important tool to gage our performance. Your comments are appreciated and extremely valuable for us to improve our services in the future.

I’ve taken note of your comment regarding the alarm in the door , and I’m happy to inform you that we have already changed the carpet with stain .
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time you are in Addis.

Front office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed for the second time at Harmony Hotel, in Addis for two months of August and September. I had my room at the new building. I have stayed at other 5 star hotels in Addis like Intercontinental before.
I have found this hotel to meet and exceed the " standards" of a 5 star Hotel. The rooms are big, well decorated, comfortable, bed, large and clean bathroom. Have free wired and wireless access to Internet.
The staff of this hotel starting from the guards, the reception team, the waiters, both at the bars and at the restaurant are simply extraordinary. They are so humble and polite and efficient. Above all they are exceptionally honest and loyal.
I think the staff at this Hotel are extraordinary and I strongly believe that it reflects the quality of the leadership, which appears to freely percolate all the way down to the cleaners.
I do recommend this hotel to any body with out any reservation. You will definitely get your money's worth if enjoyment and rest at this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms at the new building are simply top qualities
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Dr.Tseggai

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review and positive comments. we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the services delivered were as per your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time you are in Addis.

kind regards,
Front-office Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a friend. It was a good choice. It is not too far from the airport.

My room was very spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was excellent. The television had a wide selection of channels.

Perhaps the best feature of the hotel is the Consierge Desk. I am not very familiar with Addis Ababa, so whenever I went to ask for advice, I was given just the advice I needed and I was never made to feel a burden or a fool. The staff were all friendly, delightful and very helpful.

I only ate breakfast in the hotel, which is a fairly standard buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear William,

Thank you very much for your wonderful words about Harmony Hotel! It was a pleasure to read your comments and we are still working to exceed Guests expectation considering your valuable comments . The management and the team promise to keep up the good work. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.

With Kind regards,

Front office manage
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a hotel that tries very hard. Most of the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The rooms are clean. But little annoyances pop up routinely, e.g. mediocre food, flooded bathroom floors at each shower, occasional noise disturbances. If they can fix those things, this would be my preferred up-scale hotel in Addis in terms of value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful words about Harmony Hotel! It was a pleasure to read your comments and we will definitely fix all the recommended areas that need improvement . The management and the team promise to keep up the good work. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.

With best regards,

Front office manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very neat and clean hotel, fairly good value. As with all Ethiopian people the staff were very friendly and helpful. Stayed overnight twice, and the only "below average" experience was the food which is plain at best. Otherwise a very good experience, and recommended for short stays close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful words about Harmony Hotel! It was a pleasure to read your comments and we are still working to exceed your expectation, considering your valuable comments . The management and the team promise to keep up the good work. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.

With best regards,

Front office manage
Addis Ababa
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Can not recommend this hotel, standard far away from the room prices. Walls were molded and cleanlines not the standard of four star hotels. Service was a bit arrogant, food ok, breakfast ok, but should be more varieties for several days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travelers are raving about these Addis Ababa hotels

London
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is about the 10th time I have stayed at the Harmony for work, but this visit was on holiday with my sister and our respective 13-year-olds. Since I was here in March, the hotel has changed a lot. The pool is open; the new extension seems to be fully functional; the gym has moved and is much improved. Everyone tries very hard, but maybe it's time for me to look for a new hotel. The main reason is the noise, and the deterioration in customer service. One of the "improvements," for example, is the video advertising in the lift. It's loud and obnoxious. another "improvement" is the party space around the pool where the electric screams of a children's party clash with the tv and music in the reception area. In fact, there is NOWHERE in this hotel where one can sit quietly. Even the doors of the bedrooms close and open so noisily that I am regularly awakened if I don't use earplugs. Sadly, that is my experience in all Ethiopian hotels: tv, piped music, and another tv, and traffic . . . it's all an assault for a tired traveler. (And another thing they all have in common is the appalling standard of construction, thanks to the Chinese contractors, but don't get me started.) I would have liked my favourite Addis hotel to have figured this out. As for customer service, well that's an endemic problem in this country, and this comes from someone for whom this is a second home. When there's a problem, it's the customer's fault. Please, Harmony. Train your staff, and lower the decibels. Having said all that, in comparison with other hotels in Addis, Harmony is really good, and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it; I just want them to make some simple improvements.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street, overlooking the swimming pool, or near the lifts.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank melvin1999
admitu, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing us with your comments and feedback with regards to your stay at Harmony Hotel. As we are in a constant process of improvement, your feedback is highly appreciated.
We will consider all the constructive comments you gave us its much appreciated .
Eyouel Ashagre, Front office Manager
If possible, we would like to have the opportunity to discuss with you this further in order to appropriately address your feedback. We welcome you to reach out to us on hm@harmonyhotelethiopia.com so we may connect with you