“A quiet hotel with great service”
Review of Dimitri Hotel

Dimitri Hotel
Ranked #62 of 124 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed December 11, 2009

The Dimitri Hotel was a surprise to me as I am a member of "Tripadvisor" with alerts to include Addis Ababa but have never received anything in my alert box about the Dimitri Hotel.

The service is great and all the workers speak English. The place is quiet as I was able to get a lot of work done without being bothered by "pesky" cleaners. The cleaners were considerate and worked around my schedule, cleaning when I would leave or go for lunch.

The Wi Fi worked well and comes with the clean spacious rooms.

A quiet place that I would stay at again and recommend to all. They even called taxi's for me when I went out!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed December 10, 2009

A real gem, the service I received was absolutely top notch: My flight into Addis arrived 2 hours late, but the hotel's driver was still there waiting for me. When I got to the hotel at 11:30 pm, they re-opened the kitchen just for me and made me dinner. They arranged all the transportation for me during my stay, basically providing a personal driver who took me everywhere i needed to go at an inexpensive rate. Finally, when i checked out, they stored my luggage, permitted me to use the wifi in the lobby for free, and even gave me a free pot of tea while i waited a few hours to leave for the airport.

Overall, the hotel was extremely clean and comfortable, much more than i was expecting for the money. The large widescreen TV had plenty of English channels including several 24 hour news and movie channels. Each floor of the hotel has its own Wifi, providing excellent wireless internet reception in the room. All of the staff spoke excellent English, and regularly went out of their way to make my stay better. The hotel's restaurant has an excellent selection of meals, with both western and Ethiopian choices. Possibly my only complaint was the somewhat minimal complementary breakfast, which simply lacked a variety of options. The personal pots of coffee, however, were fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2009

bad start: hotel demanded full payment for my stay as i checked in. alarm calls were not made. when compared prices to other hotels, e.g. beshale, it compares badly. taxi booked via the hotel for airport didn't turn up.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dan w
dimitri_admin, Manager at Dimitri Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

we are taken aback by your evaluation.

Staff and management have a vivid memory of your stay and we all had the impression that you were happy with our service.

It would have been best if you had pointed out what you felt as problems immediately, so management could solve them.

Let us provide some context to your comments:

1) Payment can be done either at check-in or at check-out; it is the Customer's choice. One an also choose to have room service and restaurant consumption added to his/her bill and pay everything at the end.

2) The alarm call was not made.
After having received your complaint the next day, we took disciplinary measures for staff.
We repeat our apology here.

3) The taxi made his pickup regulary at 7.45am on 9th November. The driver's pickup log signed and your check-in at the reception shortly after that.
Could it be that there was some other misunderstanding?

Kind regards

Reviewed December 1, 2009

first class facilities, rooms are A1. Restaurant is superb, all meals cooked from scratch, minestone soup is the best. Personal care attention and service is unbelievable.
perfect location, peace, quiet and easy reach of all areas of Addis. Management is attentive to any request. As a regular hotel user this is something special. I would come here for rest and recreation apart from work. This offers better value, better service, better rooms that any hotel in Addis.
As I work for international donor agencies I highly recommend this hotel as a perfect base.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2009

After being politely received at the airport we travelled 15 minutes to the Hotel. We found the owner and staff friendly and courteous at all times and with time to chat giving a family atmosphere. Our rooms were quiet, the beds large, and with en-suite shower room. The staff cleaned our rooms each day. Food was tasty, peppered steaks superb! Rooms have large flat screen TVs and high speed Internet which was so helpful phoning home on Skype! Money could be changed at reception for same rate as banks. This was best value I could find for price and I would thoroughly recommend - look forward to coming again.
Tom and Chris England.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My stay at the Dimitri Hotel was an experience that could be matched by no other hotel in Addis Ababa period. For starters the driver that was assigned to pick me up stayed pasted the arrival time of my flight which was at least three hours late and not to mention that the poor guy's car had been subject to vadalism....... The staff at the hotel were very nice, pleasant, respectful, helpful, and just plain ole friendly. The staff consisted of at least 20 personnel and since most people do not take the time to learn how many or for that matter the names of the staff I made certain I made them feel just as special to me as they made me feel at ease at my stay with them. Staff was outstanding no one was less the par, food was amazing, and of course the rooms and accomendations were more than I had expected. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Addis Ababa to pay this little gem in the rough hotel a visit and I can bet you anything that your experience at this hotel will be as pleasant as mine was. The assisant manager MOGUS will make ceratin that all your wants and needs are attended to, just ask and watch what happens. I plan on returning on my next vacation in about six months and plan on making reservations with the same hotel, perhaps utilizing the presidential suite, who knows but this much I do know I will be returning to Addis Ababa and I will be making reservations at this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2009

We just spend a week in this hotel; the hotel is well run clean and very modern; internet access is available for free at very room; booking over the internet worked fine; the hotel organized airport pick up and other trips. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend the hotel strongly, and will use it again for my next stay.
Wolfgang Streit