“Best.Indian.Food.I.Have.Had.Ever.”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went with a friend and ate dinner at the bar. Lovely atmosphere and the food was without a doubt the best Indian food I have ever had (although I suppose I haven't been to India).

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The ambiance was terrible, loud tv on the background, empty restaurant and waiter not responsive. I ordered the chicken masala which was way overpriced and tasted very spicy (which I like) but with an after taste of rotten meat. Overall a very forgettable experience and fortunately i did not get sick

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The food is pretty good as many places tend to vary from visit to visit. However it is overpriced, service is lethargic, surroundings are depressing.

1  Thank alexn216
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We went here after reading a good lonely planet review. From the surly non-greeting upon arrival, dirty interior / table / & cutlery, to the rather ordinary food dished up, it was an experience I would rather forget.

Way overpriced, and poor quality food. I ordered kulfi Ice-cream for dessert and got stale refrozen vanilla ice cream instead. You could even see the yellowing and crust from freezer burn....yuck!

Don't bother coming here. I Wont be coming back anytime soon.

1  Thank borat_123
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We have been in Addis for three monthes and the Jewel of India is the best Indian food we have had in Addis Abbaba. The restaurant itself is clean, linen tableclothes and napkins. The service is good. And the food is great! The Tandori chichen is some of the best I have ever had, perfectly cooked and not dry. The palak paneer was much better than the restaurant at the Shereton, their version I couldn't eat. The prices at the Jewel of India are very good. I'm just sorry we are leaving and can't go back. I wish we had found it sooner.