“The oldest tradional food restaurant”

Addis Ababa Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 331 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2012

It used to be an excellent restaurant for traditional foods and drinks. But, due to competition and new emerging traditional restaurants these days, I think people prefer to go to the new restaurants. This doesn't mean the foods and drinks are not tasty. It is has good foods and especially home made local drinks called "Tej". The price is still low compared with the new traditional restaurants. Even though, there are few new and better traditional restaurants, I encourage tourists to visit Addis Ababa Restaurant because it has not lost its original style.

1  Thank amha_z

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is one of the best Ethiopian "cultural" restaurant, as they call it. Every time I go, it's packed with locals. Food is your ordinary ethiopian injera fare, but their original Tej (honey wine) seems to be the decisive factor for this place. I love it.

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed January 17, 2012

this was a new experience with the culture food I thought I would not like it but I enjoy the food and the live entertainment.

Date of visit: April 2011
1  Thank patdb
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Yes thats right, no forks knives spoons no eating utensils . I found it incredibly difficult eating using my hands only when food was sloppy curry texture. Reaching for wine glass during eating was also interesting. A little too unhygienic style of eating for me but the food had bold flavours and pungent lingering aromas. I understand this is a cultural experience as much as it is about the food. Service is excellent. Would recommend as is a good value dining experience, just Don't forget the hand sanitiser.

1  Thank sedgmoornae
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Very good T'ech, K'itfu and others in a typical ethiopian atmosphere tukul style. Every time I go to Addis I eat there with my Ethiopian family.

Date of visit: November 2011