“Good food at a cost”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Italian menu is excellent and Italian wines are available.
The restaurant is very old for Addis; I went there in the 1960ies. It is now renovated and has a lot of atmosphere.
On the negative side is the price, and the slightly artifical atmosphere with (when I was there) only foreign patrons.

1  Thank Bjere

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The restaurant is extremely good and authentic. The food is very good and makes one feel very well after having eaten a lot, which says a lot about the quality of ingredients used. The restaurant has an old world charm and is a simple place. A bit costly by standards of Addis Ababa but worth it. The Tagliatelle Tartufo is extremely good and highly recommended and the mushroom ravioli are excellent. A visit to thios place is a must for the lovers of Italian food.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Excellent food. The pasta is fantastic. We had a selection of foods and starters all very good. Also a good selection of wine.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I really enjoyed my dinner at Castelli. After reading some of the bad reviews (especially about the owner) I was a little nervous about dining here. I made a reservation (Saturday night) from the hotel and got a booking. I duly arrived and was greeted by a pleasant woman in the reception and shown to my table by a friendly waiter. The tables are in individual rooms in what must have been an office or house. My dinner was great and extremely good value (I'm new to Addis so my benchmark may be high). I will definitely go again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

They are one of the original restaurants in the Piazza area. Although parking could be difficult, it is worth the hassle as the food is really tasty and the staff is well trained.

1  Thank Y_Appt