“A must try restaurant in Addis.”
Review of Loti Restaurant

Loti Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 298 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

During my recent trip to Addis I expected to experience some unique cuisines from what I heard about Ethiopian food. What I didn't expect was a great French cuisine in Ethiopia. Loti was impressive on every level starting from the sevice, to the ambiance and the taste of the dishes we ordered. I had the steak which was recomended by a friend who had tried it and I'm still speechless. The spice and the tenderness of the meat was so perfect, I insisted my guest had to try it. Just the same, my guest insisted I try the devil chicken which was out of this world. The chicken breast was grilled with spices I can't quite place and some cream and cheese of some sort. It was truly an experience of taste. I highly recommed it to anyone who enjoys a unique and quality dining.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Though prices have gone up since the move the Loti still serves excellent food and the service remains impressive.The cordon bleu is to die for and we also had bunch/breakfast there which was excellent - and prices were very reasonable. Though some reviewers favor the nearby Arcobelano Restaurant (which has a horrible white 80th interior (zero atmosphere) and which served me with one of the worst meals I ever had in Addis) the Loti remains a top choice for french food in Addis. That's also why Loti is on place 20, while the other on place 66. Fully recommended.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Loti is one of my favorite restaurant in Addis but never tasted their Sunday brunch before. An opportunity came along when relatives that were visiting from the States wanted to have a decent breakfast in town. I did now know how it would go but, decided to take them to a restaurant known for great French cuisine. We decided to share and ordered cheese omelet, steak and eggs, pancake, waffles and crêpe topped with fruit and whipped cream. The hash brown was phenomenal!! The food was tasty. To my surprise, we were all talking about the place how good the food was as we were driving back. This classy little place is a hidden Jewell in Addis. For regular meals or weekend breakfast, I have found the perfect spot. I recommend to all.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After hearing a lot about Loti, I finally had a chance to go to the new location in Mekannisa for a friends birthday. The Onion soup was excellent however, I had one of the best steak in my entire life. I had to share it with all my friends. The small villa which is converted into a classy restaurant reminded me of one of the small mom and pap restaurants in rural France. According to all my friends present for the bday celebration, all agreed that this place is unique spot unlike any in Addis. I will definatly visit again and try other dishes. I recomend it to all who visit AA.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have never been a big fan of Loti at its old location, but we gave it another try after we heard good things.

Overall, I am still not impressed. While the setting has improved and is overall nicer and more intimate than the very close by 'Arcobaleno' (and thus it lends to many comparisons), the prices are higher, the portions smaller and not as good.

The service has to be commended, the 'open both lids from plates at the same time' is a neat trick that might impress a girl on a first date. My wife found the waiter to be very (too?) observant.

The food. I was dissapointed about my 'heart of beef' ... which in shape looked very much like the same slab I usually get from the butcher. In other resto's they at least try to make it look like a piece of filet. At 165ETB it is also the most expensive (compared to arco and grani di pepe). My wife had the lamb and she reports that it felt like this had been roasted a week ago and now re-heated. The amuse bouche (mini crackers that reminded me of cat-food [only visually] with a nice butter-something cream) was a nice gesture ...

Two things that bugged me ... the chairs are not fitting with the tables ... they are too low. And as nice as it is that the owner lady checks in on the guests ... she interrupted us in the middle of a discussion and then would just not find the right point in time to leave.

I might come again to try some of their other dishes, but there are other nice places at better value.