“Long standing Chinese restaurant”

China Bar And Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 273 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant over the last 25 years and it is in my opinion still one of the steady going good Chinese restaurants in town.

There are newer reviews for China Bar And Restaurant

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow but the ambience was good, food was excellent and the main course came 15mons after the soup
Devils soup was really good

Reviewed December 9, 2012

It is owned by local boss, but the cook is from China, so you can taste classic Chinese food.
The decorations are also Chinese type, with red color, wood screen, and China picture.
The surroundings also quiet, so it is a good place to talk with your friend warmly, slowly.
It is convenient for both of Chinese and people from other countries, because the dishes are served by separately, and you can choose to eat with chopsticks or forks.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've been three times as it's just around the corner from Ghion Hotel (terrible food). My favorite dish was my friends - some kind of meat with peppers on a sizzling plate (almost like fajitas). They charged extra for rice. Had lunch there yesterday and asked for dumplings. Was told they would take 25 minutes. I ordered them anyway. I got in this order: my wonton soup, 5 minutes after ordering; the dumplings, 15 minutes after ordering, and then the tea when I was almost finished with my food.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

By Addis standards, the food here is quite good. Decor is pretty tired, as the place has been around forever, I think, although the ceilings and wood work are still impressive. But everything I ate here was definitely above average for Addis, and a welcome change for forenji food that extends beyond the mediocre pizza and pasta and pseudo burgers everywhere. Slightly pricey for Addis, but worth it, I'd say. P.S. I've heard it said that this is the closest you'll find to "New York style" Chinese in Addis. As a native New Yorker, I can see the connection.

1  Thank Barry L