“Hard to find, but pleased with the meal”
Review of Serenade - CLOSED

Serenade
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Like many other reviewers, we had difficulty finding this restaurant. We asked around for a taxi driver who knew it and asked a few others for directions on the way. We walked in to a nice space with an artsy vibe. The breads and sauces they initially brought out were delicious. I also really enjoyed my main course - a vegetarian dish with a great sauce. Service was good, and they turned down the music (which was a bit loud, and the selection was odd) upon our request. Overall, a very nice evening.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Food was not as ordered, portions were small. Atmosphere was nice, but very out of the way location for what it is; prices were not commensurate with what you get.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was ready to feel guilty for visiting a slightly swanky, westernized restaurant even though I was visiting Ethiopia, but I must say I was a little underwhelmed. The bread and dips brought out first were amazing, but the 'mediterranean sushi' was oddly sweet and the main course was good but not great. Admittedly, it's a great meal for the very reasonable prices (though watch the wine - much more expensive than the food!), but not really a guilty pleasure.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

A friend of mine and I tried to find Serenade twice and somehow missed it. Finally last night we were successful. I have to say the atmosphere was cozy, service was good and the food was also good. The building is wonderfully decorated, there was a fire in the fireplace and overall it was a wonderful place to have a good dinner. If you are in Addis give it a try.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a lovely little restaurant with amazing food. It is a fusion of middle eastern but also still some ethiopian - lovely flavours and excellent ideas. The service is very good and outside there is a garden and art exhibitions - perfect combination - highly recommended.