“Perfectly easy place in Addis”
Review of Amsterdam

Amsterdam
Ranked #144 of 285 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am always happy to be able to have a good salad in Addis, and at Amsterdam you can certainly have a great salad and more. It's a quirky place, with lots of atmosphere, and I love the food on the basis of what is available in Addis. I have no hesitation in taking Western friends here: it's probably my first choice for Western food, but all kinds of dishes are available. As with all of my reviews, I will not judge this restaurant against what I have available at home in London, but rather what I know very well to be available in Ethiopia. This restaurant is one of the best. As with all Ethiopian experiences, just relax and take it all in.

2  Thank melvin1999

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Unusual décor, eat in the outdoor garden or indoors, friendly staff, good food and drinks, popular spot

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Well, I heard great things about their pizza and wanted to try it but on the day I went, their pizza oven was broken. They didn't tell me this, though, until they brought out my companion's meal. I ended up ordering the rice and veggies, after trying to order pasta but which was also unavailable, but when it finally came out the veggies were tiny shriveled bits of nothing as opposed to the nice grilled veggies that came with my companion's grilled fish. They had to double check our coffee order (2 people) 3 times. Not impressed.

1  Thank kmase80
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Amsterdam restaurant isn't that bad. Its parking is really poor as its located in a narrow neighborhood, so it would be better to walk to it instead of having a hard time backing out. It has a nice environment tented and heated lamps around the place. But it gave me that sense of Addis nightlife and not too much of a family environment. Food is reasonable and won't make you sick.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Pathetic food
Ordered for a plate of fried noodles with chicken and ended having a packet of Indomein noodles.
Definitely a place not to visit