“Good service but food average”
Review of Amsterdam

Amsterdam
Ranked #149 of 289 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Worth a visit and service is very good. Ambience is a bit random. Biggest disappointment was the food which was average at best. Vegetables were plain a tasteless and needed spicing up. We may have got a bad night but probably won't go back and test it.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Thought I was visiting a bar, not a carnival...a management that doesn't trust its employees enough to let them deal with money is scary.
That aside, 2 bartenders for an enormous venue with tented area outside and sitting area inside is ridiculous.
If we hadn't bought tickets, we would have left because of the wait.
We ended up finishing one drink and giving away the rest of our tickets.
Young, all-white crowd. I've never (in my 9mos of living i Addis) seen so many white people in the same place - maybe 5 black people), outside a consular function.
Obviously, this is not a local's hangout. And if you've made the trip all the way to Ethiopia, aren't you there to see something different???

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Visited Amsterdam last evening with my business colleagues who recommended and then took me to this restaurant. It was set up with nice retro feel to it, with candles and roses on tables.
They serve some Classic local cuisines and a wonderful collection of wines at offer.
I tried their salads and Lamb Sizzler which was up to the mark to meet my expectations, cooked in authentic Ethiopian style, smoking hot.
Fish Salad was undoubtedly the best that I had in my life.

Average Waiting time : 15-20 minutes,
Dressing Style : Casual.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

very good food, stir fry menu is good and comes hot and sizzling. A bit crowded however which can a bug when trying to have a nice dining experience

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I'm a regular visitor to Addis, I make sure every time I'm there that I eat at least twice in this place.
The setup is very convenient as it has a non smoking area, an out side seating and upstairs seating with balcony tables overlooking the restaurant ground.
The menu has a lot of options ranging from Ethiopian to European dishes. The food just tastes wonderful and the portions are quite sufficient.
The service is good, but if the place is full, it might be a little slow. though the waiters are very polite and friendly.
Try their "Health Salad", which can can be a meal by itself...
I recommend this place for lunch or dinner.

2  Thank shidsilik