Review Highlights
Unforgettable Ethiopia

We have spent a very intresting time with Gold. We have seen, heard and learnd a lot, especially... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
schmidirida
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Nice Guide !!

I had 3 Days with ,,Rasta‘‘ , he was a Nice guide with a Good Knowledge in Addis Abeba !, his... read more

Reviewed November 16, 2018
Steven P
via mobile

All reviews authentic experiences his knowledge ura kidane our tour guide simien mountains nice guide ethiopia tours an adventure northern part his team bahir dar ras journey scheduling south culture country
Reviewed February 28, 2018

We cannot praise Golden Gift Ethiopia Tours highly enough. We have travelled to 110 countries but we have rarely had such a thoroughly interesting and enjoyable trip. Gold and his team were characterful, knowledgable, friendly and hardworking, and each of the places we visited was fascinating and rewarding. The hotels varied in comfort, as you would expect, but we ate well (and safely) throughout the trip, and there wasn’t a single day that wasn’t filled with interesting and exciting experiences. We had organised it that we would be travelling on our own, with a Golden Gift guide in each place of visit. There were too many highlights to list - indeed the holiday was a continuous sequence of highlights. Thoroughly and enthusiastically recommended.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank h0eymp
Worku_11, Owner at Golden Gift Ethiopia Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Dear travelers thanks so very much for taking your precious time to write and share us your experiences. We really appreciate your witness's about our services and we look forward to seeing you all over again:). Gold

Reviewed February 11, 2018

I spend most of January travelling in Ethiopia and what a fascinating and wonderful country it is. The first 10 days were with a small group, travelling in the remote tribal areas in the southern Omo region, with Gold as our tour guide. It was a remarkable experience visiting peoples, little touched by the outside world and still retaining most of their unique customs and traditions. Gold knew many of the tribal chiefs and peoples and it gave us a unique opportunity to visit and engage with six different tribes..... language was no barrier to some community dancing, singing and playing with some of the kids and adults!

I had kept my options for the second part of my trip open but after being in the south, I was absolutely clear that I waned to visit the northern part of the country. I spoke to Gold who was very positive and enthusiastic about organising a trip to the north for me. We talked over my priorities, Gold arranged it and it was perfect!

After spending an amazing time at Timkat in Addis with friends, I flew to Bahir Dar and was met at the airport by the delightful Getachew in a fabulous 4 x 4 and driven to my hotel in the town, feeling like a VIP! From there we headed to Lake Tana with it's crocodiles and hippos, and the amazing Ura Kidane Mihret church. On to Gondar and then the fabulous Simien Mountains where I had a couple of days hiking with Abeba, the first woman guide in the Simiens. Axum, Lalibela and Harar followed and
at each new place I was met by a local driver and guide, all of whom were very friendly, knowledgeable and kind and all spoke very good English. Each guide lived in the town I was visiting and I benefited enormously from their extensive local knowledge and contacts. Gold had planned the tour extremely well, I was met on time at each new destination, the hotels and restaurants were very good and the trips included all the key sites and landmarks as well as a few less well known options......like sitting with the hyena man outside Harar and next thing feeling two great paws on my shoulders!

Gold was in regular contact with my guides, checking that all was going well and I knew that if anything untowards were to happen, he would be there to deal with it.
Gold is very knowledgable and passionate about his country and people and this transmits in his enthusiasm and love for the work he does. For me, it was a perfect combination of travelling in the south with a small group and then having the flexibility to create exactly the trip I wanted in the north. I would highly recommend Gold as a tour guide, as a trip planner and organiser and as a wonderful host in his country.

1  Thank KateC123_123

Reviewed January 30, 2018

We’ve just returned from a 10 day Peregrine tour of the north of Ethiopia. Worku (Gold) was our guide. We had the bonus of seeing some of the Timkat celebrations in Addis, Bahir Dar and Lalibela, not part of the tour.
Worku’s enthusiasm and love of his country was continuous and more than obvious. He was eager to relate his upbringing having been on the street as a child but given an opportunity to alter his life. He is very proud of his achievement.
His knowledge of the history of Ethiopia and facts about each site was impressive and unfailing which often superseded that of the local guides who specialise in their area. He seemed to have a bank of contacts and friends wherever we went and managed to get us up front for a good view of TimKat. At the end of the tour, we had an extended private tour in Addis to the National Museum, Tomoco’s Coffee House, with the delightful Tiatu Hotel thrown in, all remarkably with car parking waiting for us at each stop, not possible doing it using taxis.
His timekeeping was good and organisation worked. We weren’t always told the exact details of the day, but this could have been because he played it a bit by ear to suit how the programme progressed during the day.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Just when you think you've seen it all you end up in a part of the world that time forgot, The Lost Tribes of Ethiopia. This trip will leave you with the most amazing memories. Our guides name was Gold, a wonderful young man who was eager to share his love and knowledge of the country he is proud of. Everywhere you went people had such respect for him and greeted him with genuine warmth and friendliness.

We wish him every success in his future as a tour guide. He is open to learning more in this field and take on board any positive suggestions you may have to ensure and enhance you have a great time.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

My tour guide Worku (a.k.a. Gold) has shown our group the best that Ethiopia can offer. We started in Addis Ababa, where I was able to experience how Ethiopians celebrate Epiphany. Not to forget, we visited Lucy, one of the first human beings on earth. Another highlight was the Trinity Church. Then we had a cultural night at a restaurant, where I was introduced to the culinary delights of Ethiopian food. I must warn anyone that it's very easy to get hooked on it. Meanwhile, I was entertained with some national music and dances. During this journey I have seen the most beautiful landscapes at Bahir Dar's Blue Nile falls. Gold also took us to the magnificent Monastery of URA Kidane Mehret. That evening Worku surprised us with sunset drinks, it was great moment to wind down while enjoying the evening. Next day, on our way to Gonder, Worku planned to do some stops to see "God's finger cliff" and Guzara's castle. We really appreciated his enthusiasm and his generosity to share his knowledge regarding Ethiopian history. Moreover, we visited the royal city of Gonder. He took his time to explain the history of the kingdom of Gonder. The architecture of its palaces was fascinating. Best of all, Worku did not stop there. We were able to witness an unforgettable evening at Debre Berhan Selassie. The church's ornaments and painting are real wonders. At this place, we enjoyed watching a wedding celebration afterwards. Worku's timing and activity scheduling to our benefit was great. Next, we visited the town of Debark, and then enjoyed of some outdoor adventure at the fascinating Simien Mountains. This place is a photographer's heaven. There were Gelada monkeys posing for photographs. No better place for bird watching. And, if you are lucky, you might get the ultimate prize by spotting an Ethiopian wolf. We were lucky to have Worku as a tour guide as he was able to summarize many chapters of Ethiopian history, while we were in Gonder. He was able to engage and we did learn a lot. Next day, Worku surprised us with another historical wonder. He took us to the ancient realm of Axum and its historical tombs. Moreover, Worku showed us St. Mary of Zion. All the important sites. The new church and the old church. It's here, in Axum, where the Ark of the convenant is kept. Then we paid a visit to Queen Sheba's palace and learned about Ethiopia's history. He made history easy for us. Next, we visited Lalibella. Another historical wonder. Worku not only managed to show us all the monasteries in Lalibella, but also we went to a cave church. Worku not only showed us his beautiful country, he made it possible for us to enjoy a great vacation, introduced us to his people, music and culture. He was reliable, responsible tour guide and a people's persion. He is a very resourceful guide. And great person to get to know. Ethiopia is a must, and Worku is the guide!.