“Excellent service, price, room and knowledgeable advice concerning the city and country.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Addis Guest House

and 1 more site!
Addis Guest House
Ranked #27 of 215 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I would definitely stay at the Guest House on a second trip. The employees treated you as family. The rooms were very nice, the restaurant was excellent, prices very reasonable and the staff very attentive. For 10x the price you could stay at the Sheraton but the service could not be better.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 13, 2012

First of all, The manager Yonas is Sooooo helpful, great and funny. He and the staff made me feel that i was among my own family. The rooms are great, clean and huge! I LOVED the internet speed and the complementary breakfast (of course lol) The tibis (ethiopian food) was awesome (i almost had it every day for lunch and breakfast).The hotel is located very close to the airport, church, edna mall, MKS restaurant, Bole road..... I am def going there next time!!!

Keep up the good job guys!

Cheers!
Yordi

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My friend and I had the privilege of staying at this guest house for a week. We were pleasantly surprised at the level of customer service provided, the cleanliness and overall atmosphere. The staff here goes out of their way to accommodate your needs and are quite friendly. They would get you anything you need from phone credit to a hairbrush. The security is great! They never allow anyone up to your room without first giving you a call. The food from the restaurant below always arrived within 15 minutes tops, regardless of the time. The rooms were very clean and most importantly we never ran out of hot water to shower with!! The internet service was excellent as was the free breakfast. Simply put, I found my new home when visiting Addis and would recommend it to anyone visiting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had such a great experience staying at Addis guest house, from the pick up from the airport until they dropped me back there again. The rooms were big, clean and spacious and the breakfasts were delicious (the French toast with eggs esp)
The manager Yonus was awesome and very helpful and the rest of the staff were lovely and kind. I only had 3 days in Addis Ababa but would definitely stay there again if I am ever lucky enough to go back to Ethiopia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Riverdale, Maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Addis Guest House last week for the third time. Our stay ranged from few days to a month and every time we were there they have exceeded our expectation by their exceptional treatment. AGH is not the biggest guest house by any account but their best care for their customers makes up for any difference from the ones that have big names. I have stayed at various hotels in Ethiopia and they are by far the best. What makes this guest house special is their eagerness to be helpful to their clients. We are specially grateful to Yonas who made our stay wonderful. He gave us a ride to and from the airport in a very short notice and under different circumstances and during our stay he made sure we got everything we needed. They made us feel like family members so we strongly recommend them to any guests who value quality customer care.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at big hotels with OK service in Addis Ababa, but this guest house customer service is by far better then the big names. The staff was so helpful and friendly beyond my expectation. I stayed in a studio room for about a week. The complimentary breakfast was OK. But high speed internet access was excellent , which was essential for me, seeing how I do most of my work online. There are some good coffee shops and restaurants within walking distance. Ask Yonas if you want some good suggestion on restaurants to go to. The airport pickup / drop was also useful. Thank you Addis Guest House.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Addis Guest House for 6 days. They were incredible. Very personable and helpful. Our flight plans got changed last minute and Yonas woke up in the middle of the night to come pick us up - chipper and conversational the whole time.

Internet speed was great, rooms were clean and well kept, staff is remarkable.

We will definitely stay here the next time we come!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple