“Yonas & his staff did a great job of making our stay comfortable & enjoyable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Addis Guest House

and 1 more site!
Addis Guest House
Ranked #27 of 215 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
“Yonas & his staff did a great job of making our stay comfortable & enjoyable.”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The rooms are large and include a sitting area & separate bedroom. This would be great for families traveling with small children. The team enjoyed the breakfast served in the attached restaurant or in guest's rooms. The guest house is located near the airport so getting there & back didn't take long. Yonas' staff helped us get our luggage to our rooms. After a very long flight this was very helpful. Overall there is an attitude of caring about their guest's well being that is evident from check-in to check-out that is encouraging. I will bring. Other teams here & I'll be suggesting adoptive families & those on mission trips. To use Addis Guest House for accommodations. I know Yonas will treat them well.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank markwolbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Stayed there for one week on a service trip. Was a wonderful respite and an easy, safe walk to Kaldi's Coffee. Breakfast was good and included. Other meals were good too.

• Stayed May 2011
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This was my first time in Ethiopia. I could'nt have stayed in a better place for a first timer.
The staff are delightful and very helpful. The food in the restraunt was great and for a homesick Aussie I can recomend the Addis Fries and coffee!!!!

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable.
I will be staying here again when I come to Addis.......

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Boutiquebeads
Cape Town
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I always prefer guest houses to stay in, instead of hotels, because of the smaller scale which lends itself to more personal contact. And Addis Guest House is exactly that: it's personal, easy going with great service. Love to stay there again next time.

Room Tip: Room at the back - less dogs barking
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marnie1770
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2011

This was my third trip to ethiopia and my third guest house, so I have some perspective. I was traveling with my adopted son who we adopted at age three. He is now eight years old. When we arrived he had a hard time and was scared. The staff at the guest house treated my some like family. They played soccer with him dailey and played games. They quickly not only made him feel at home in the guest house, but they made him feel safe in Ethiopia which I can not put a priice on. We eneded up having a great time, and I credit it to the excellent staff at Addis Guest house.

The food in the restaurant is great with a large selection of American foods. My son loved eating there. You can get Pzza, pasta, grilled chicken, burgers, chicken strips, fries etc. They have a fully stocked bar and cold beer. The free breakfast every mornig is great including French toast, omlettes and egg sandwichs as well as a selection of traditional Ethiopian foods. To top it off they have two flatscreens each on their own Satellite connections. They would switch one to the Cartoon Network so my son could watch cartoons while we ate.

We stayed in the basic room which includes a private bath, a TV and a fridge. Every night they would make sure the left the satellite on Cartoon Network so my son could watch cartoons in bed. The beds are very comfortable as well.

The location is great. There is shopping up and down the street a few bloks walt to Kaldi's for coffee and ice cream. A few blocks more and you can be a the movie theatre and a modern mall. and just a few more and you can see the beautiful Medhane Alem church.

The hardest part of staying here is leaving. Yonas, Binyan and all of the staff are now friends. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank ethiopianadoptee
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed February 26, 2011

From the moment we arrived at Addis Guest House to the the day we left we were treated like we mattered. Every single staff member (including the owners) cared for us, talked with us, smiled when we entered the room and went the extra mile. Every day I was amazed with how well we were treated. My husband and I were in Addis for an adoption- it was the BEST place we could have stayed. They were incredibly helpful with our child, our room, our luggage- everything. Addis Guest House is filled with amazing, wonderful, talented people. We are incredibly thankful for all they have done.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank nakeeyad
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Addis Guest house is ca 2-3k from airport and is a convenient reasonably priced stop over place. The street itself where it is located is not so exciting but friendliness of Yonas - his family and staff make up for that. P

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple