I do not know what it is with Kempinski and myself, we never seem to bond particularly well. But this one tops all my previous K experiences.
Service is slow and -to put it nicely- fit to be retrained (during check-out, check-in, dinner,..., everytime!!!). Breakfast feels like you accidently stepped into an army canteen with all the military badges and uniforms around you (at least this is probably one of the safest places on earth). Quality of the food was good though.
Outdoor stink during 3 out of my 4 days and make extra sure where you use your laptop as only designated areas are suitable, otherwise security comes to "move" you.
All in all it just completely felt unmanaged!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the busy districts, yet only few minutes from the airport, Djibouti Palace Kempinski is ideally located at a prime beachfront between the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, in a secluded and peaceful setting of palms and bougainvillea. Djibouti Palace Kempinski features a plethora of entertainment amenities, including a fully equipped fitness center, mountain bikes, outdoor swimming pool, mini club, restaurants and bars. Djibouti Palace Kempinski redefines luxury service in the Land of Gods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Djibouti Palace Kempinski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Djibouti Palace Kempinski Hotel Djibouti
- Palace Kempinski Hotel Djibouti
- Palace Kempinski Djibouti