Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

In CAR. I wasn’t sure what to expect prior to my arrival but was pleased to find a clean hotel. The food in the lounge (looks out on the pool, not the bar)is not bad, the fries are fantastic. Food and beverages are a little on the high side, but that is to be expected.

As noted in prior posts, the staff is not very polite and some could even be described as rude. Having said that, Leezy (not sure how it is spelled) and Tatiana in the lounge area, were both very pleasant and greeted us with smiles, a rarity in this hotel. The manager should commend them and encourage the other employees to treat customers the way they do.

All things being equal, I would gladly return to this hotel. While there are areas that could be improved overall this is a nice hotel

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Crimmins778
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I stayed there 1 day and 1 night. There was no hot water. It is not very pleasant to take cold shower, especially before go to bed.
But most surprising for me was that I had to sign the bill included some amount for the dinner which I didn't have!
When I asked why I was told by the receptionist that my roommate had it. So what? It is " the procedure". My roommate showed our room number on the restaurant bill and money were collected from both of us.
Very "smart" way of doing business. One person has the dinner but money are taken from two. Because of "the procedure". Very "Nice"!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 428airatz
Reviewed May 31, 2018

This was the only hotel that I was even able to make a reservation at - none of the others responded to my emails. So i didn't really have a choice. But that also sets it above all the other places on offer in Bangui where the international traveller isn't exactly spoiled for choice.

It's a nice building, comfortable, in decent state of repair (again, it's all relative) with nice looking public spaces, a nice pool area (which i didn't use), and clean.

My room was large, quiet, and the bed very comfortable. My only issue was that the air-conditioning didn't work terribly well. Other guests were complaining about the same when i checked in.

Most staff were friendly especially front office and security staff. Check-in isn't the most efficient process and you have to queue a second time to pay (cash only) before being given the key. But i was glad they let me check in early having flown overnight.

Wifi is not sleek as the connection kept dropping and i had to keep re-logging in. But when connected the speed was good for most browsing.

I used the bar area in the evening for a beer and snacks. Some staff here were friendly and efficient, but some were not and seemed overwhelmed by the number of guests. They ran out of sandwiches when i was there (not sure how a big hotel can manage that). Then one of them said they ran out of salt and ketchup, twice. Until one of the "good" waiters had to come and show them where it was. That was a bit strange.

The shuttle service to the airport works well. It needs to be booked in advance, especially on arrivals.

Overall I'd say this would be average in most other cities in the world but a great place for Bangui. Yes, it's expensive for what it is and lacks "polish" but then i'm not sure if there are any good alternatives, either.

I'd gladly stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Cyba
Reviewed May 30, 2018

- ok, you think you have a ultra-secure 5 star hotel. Wrong, just some days before we arrived, they had raids by militia and the guards at the door did nothing.

- if you feel comfortable having military forces (or other shady characters) of all kind of nations around you (with their arms), then fine.

- if you are, like most of the guests, on big Supranational-Organisation-budgets, you don't mind bein ripped off: you wouldn't notice that they tried to charge you 10 times (yes, in my case 10 times!) the nightly rate. And don't think that the ensuing discussions were customer-friendly. And don't expect excuses.

- if you are callous enough you wouldn't notice the bad service level in the otherwise expensive bar/restaurant

-what on earth do you do with a pool that has a maximum depth of 50cm.

my opinion in a nutshell: go somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ron r
Reviewed April 13, 2018

This place is an absolute sham and probably the worst value for money property in the entire continent. I have stayed in more than 30 different countries in the continent(yes, i travel extensively!) and can understand when you have to pay top dollar (like close to 300 USD) for even minimal luxury at places where getting even that is a big effort for the establishments(so justifies in a way) . But this place was a disaster and disappointment from the minute our experience began. Our Shuttle guy never showed up on time as expected or even the simplest benefits (like an Umbrella) not being available for guests. Something you dont even expect from a 3 star to fall short on! And for the huge amount you pay you feel very cheated

LOCATION: Good location close to all key Points of interest and not far from airport

DINE + DRINK: Probably one of the only decent fine dining restaurants and ‘BAR” in town with a lovely outdoor seating too. This is one of the HIGHLIGHTS of the property

ROOM: I stayed in 1030, so this review is based on that; VIEW: Nice view of the pool and greenery ; SIZE: Very spacious room; AIR-CON: Absolutely LOUSY air-conditioner which never seemed to work and we felt so HOT in the room all through our stay and couldn't even sleep in the night and woke up very tired and exhausted!!BED: Comfortable bed BATHROOM: Tiny Bathroom with a Bathtub shower; TOILETRIES: Ver random cosmetics, better bring your own.

FACILITIES:Very nice pool and a pretty decent Fitness center. Something you can never even imagine in this part of the world. So this was not just a surprise but one of the biggest plus points and super positives of this hotel

SERVICE: Hospitality was one of the big areas of failures that we faced during our stay. The staff dont seem to know how to treat their customers with a SMILE, especially if they dont speak in French. They were very transactional and pretty much said no to every small request we asked them for!

HOW WIRED YOU WILL BE: While you get free WIFI for upto 3 devices, the WiFI Speed is a joke and you are better off with your own Hotspot if you have one. The TV was a even bigger amusement, not because of the channels it dished out, but rather lack of them! Unless you speak french you have to depend on your stored videos on your ipAD. Very limited and poor selection of channels, esp for a luxury hotel of international standards catering to Expats and UN workers.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveltalesofales
Rimeh B, General Manager at Hotel Ledger Plaza Bangui, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Sir,

All the laico/Ledger Plaza Bangui team and I would thank you for sharing your experience further to your stay within our property.
I took note of your comments with particular attention, especially regarding the quality of our shuttle service that does not come on time, the Air conditioning that does not work, worm random cosmetics, the lack of the hospitality of our staff, selections very limited and mediocre channels and ask you to accept my apologies for these inconveniences.

We shall ensure the close monitoring of the details linked to our service.

Looking forward having the great pleasure to, personally, welcome you during your next stay.

Please accept my warm greetings