Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2017

First it was nearly impossible to make a reservation, couldn’t get any websites to actually work, and had to contact corporate office to get response to my e mail for a reservation. Once they did respond things went smoothly. Thans to Manuella Santili.
Staff at check in were not only not friendly, but seemed a little hostile. The infrastructure of the hotel is fine. Nice, big well appointed, comfortable rooms, if you had good air con. First room we checked into air did not work. Went down to desk they told me someone woyld come up, which they quickly did. He fiddled with it and said all fixed. Was not another trip down to desk, desk an said another visit from maint. man. At this point we got into the merits of this approach, which got a little heated. Deskman accompanied maint, man up.and to his credit immediately switched us to room with good air con.
Enjoyed a good meal outside by pool with drinks cool and nice after sun went down.
Next night we had a very loud wedding, literally under our window. Asked deskman when music (window rattling in volume) would ending, he said about eleven. At 1:30am they turn the volume down.
Normally when I rate hotels I give benefit of doubt to being in a difficult location. This probably really only game in town other than some less secure and dodgy places. At $330/day there’s no value, but I’m the one who wanted t be there. Shuttle bus from hotel works but don’t expect it to be there to pick you up.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 767williams
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Bangui has very limited accomodation options and Ledger plaza seems to be the only acceptable place to stay and obviously enjouys an almost absolute monopoly. As a result, the prices are simply astronomical to say the least. - and payment is (not suprisingly) up front.

The food is bland but acceptable. The rooms are clean, air conditioned and the higher floors give a good view of the city.

Staff are rather sloppy, not particularly helpful and have a tendency to hassle clients for tips. The general attitude projected by management feels kind of condesceding.

Positive point:
-Not far from airport
-Pretty good gym
-VISA ATM at the foyer
-Clean swimming pool
-Provides shuttle to airport

Room tip: Higher floors facing the pool area.
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Leavis2006
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I stayed at the hotel recently for 6 days. It is insanely expensive for what you get...

Rooms are large and comfortable, and in general the hotel is quiet, safe, and pleasant enough. However, there is little in the way of routine maintenance, and little broken things like door hinges, door locks, shower curtains etc. don't appear to be being reported or acted upon.

Staff are all very friendly, but poorly trained and incompetent at their jobs. Waiting staff are terribly slow and make mistakes with comical inevitability.Waiters can stand around looking straight at gesticulating patrons, and they don't go over to assist.

Servicing of rooms is haphazard. One day the cleaner came in at 8am, then disappeared for the whole day and finished the room well after 6pm. There is no consistency. One day you get two towels, the next day none. Some days you get toilet paper replaced, the next not. On several occasions I had to go to the service trolley myself and get toilet paper.

The in-room tea and coffee is just that... no sugar, no milk powder, no creamer... just tea and coffee.

The restaurant is best described as average in terms of food quality, but it is also seriously overpriced. Waiting for 15 minutes for two fried eggs at breakfast was tedious to say the least. I had a very good pizza, but the next day had some mild to moderate food poisoning. I'm a seasoned African traveler and I very, very seldom have food problems, but the pizza made me pretty ill. The lunch and dinner buffets are also mediocre.

The pool area looks great. I didn't have a chance to use it, but it looked clean and inviting. There is a health club, but they charge to use it, so I didn't go in. There is also a nice little pastry shop near the lobby that is a good place to buy breakfast and not have to shell out huge money for a buffet breakfast that is really unimpressive.

Bottom line: it's a huge fall down in hotel quality to the next best hotel in Bangui. The Ledger has an absolute monopoly on reasonable business hotel rooms, and they know it. However, one really doesn't have any choice if you need business facilities, backup power, air conditioning, hot water etc.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank AfricanZombieHunter
Reviewed August 30, 2017

Unfortunately, this is the only hotel “really” hotel in Bangui, where you can feel safe during your stay in Bangui. I stayed there for 20 days and NOTHING was done to my complaints. Just ignored and they told me “stories” when I complained about the poor working air condition and internet among many missing things. On arrival 1 lift was broken down and when I left NO lifts were working anymore for 8 days. They do not maintain the hotel and it is slowly falling apart. Sorry to say that most of the staff including waiters, reception and management are arrogant and they don’t care about you. When you ordered food, and 85% something from the menu was missing they just said to you “its finished” with a smile. No reduction or complimentary was offered to compensate you. To get the attention from the waiters was a challenge as they spent their time with their mobile phones or chatting with each other. I hope there will soon will be some competition to this hotel. It is overprized BIG time. Every morning several things was not refilled at the breakfast. You always had to ask them if you came 1 hour after opening. I had constructive dialog with the manager of the hotel and the restaurant manager when they asked me about my stay, but it seems that the staff has more power to "run" the hotel. Or the managemt just want to continue ignore to ignore complaints from the guest.

Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank Mistercarsten
Reviewed August 28, 2017

There are very few options in Bangui and Ledger is by far the nicest. It seems so out of place in the city and makes it a "go-to" spot. I stayed for two weeks and I had hot water (came out brown, but warm) and air conditioning, though my colleagues' rooms were sometimes lacking a/c. The staff was friendly and attentive. The hotel and food are very expensive and overpriced for value but as the main game in town, they don't have competition. I appreciated the hotel shops, gym, business center, and bakery since I could get everything I needed before I left for the day.

Date of stay: August 2017