I'm sure you can do worse in Yaoundé, but still.... This Hilton is much more Paris Hilton than Conrad Hilton. Flashy, pointless, and kind of gross. The front desk staff seemed dodgy moved in geological time and weren't even very nice. Restaurant staff seemed half asleep and terribly confused when asking about taking a coffee to a conference room.
Rooms were clean and big enough, which is the best I can say about this place.
If you have to go to Yaoundé, you're not having very good luck anyway. I'm sure there are worse places to stay, but it's irritating to pay Hilton prices for youth hostel service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city's central business district, Hilton Yaounde hotel is the only international hotel in Yaounde, is walking distance to government offices, local corporations and is only 30 minutes from Nsimalen International Airport by the hotel's complimentary shuttle service. The hotel features 248 rooms and suites, 16 flexible meeting and banqueting room, a well equiped Business Centre, 5 restaurants and Bars, a Fitness club with an outdoor pool, an indoor Mall with 14 shops, and is ideally situated to explore local activities and tourist attractions including the National Craft Market and National Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Yaounde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Yaounde Hotel Yaounde
- Yaounde Hilton
- Hilton International Yaounde