“nice suprise”
Review of Hilton Yaounde

Hilton Yaounde
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Yaounde
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel has every thing you need to have the best accommodation in Yaounde.
The Rooms are BIG.
the decoration is a bit sec XX, but you live well with it.
The hotel personnel is polite and very helpful.
The situation is very central

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and service in general.

I fully understand your remark regarding the decor and may assure you that we will continue to renovate the hotel. We'll start a complete refurbishment of our Executive floor by the end of the year.

Let me thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

Meanwhile, I remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I visit Cameroon every year for work. In Yaounde, you don't really have a choice if you expect a minimum of standards. The Hilton is centrally located, the staff if friendly and bilingual - for those who are allergic to foreign languages it's a plus -, the food is ok and the happy hour enjoyable. I have organized a couple of meetings with lunches and coffee breaks there and I never been disappointed. In the evening go to the bar at the floor and if you are lucky you'll enjoy the view of the city by night in a tropical storm: exquisite! One thing though, the 70s-80s decor is really outdated so a little change will be appreciated. I will go back to the Hilton Yaounde for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank AAEORD
hiltonyaounde, General Manager at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Meanwhile, I remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Roland MUNTZER

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stay in this hotel every few months as I have not been able to find anything else suitable in Yaounde. Staff are very friendly, facilities are good albeit the decor is a bit dated.

I still smart at the price sometimes but there really is no other option from a comfort or security point of view,

The Barbecues on a Friday and Saturday's are great.

Room Tip: I've stayed in all classes of rooms and they are all good
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SlimBF
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was please to learn that you were satisfied with the hotel’s facilities and the team members attitude.

I fully understand your comment regarding the decor. The hotel is still in an on going renovation process. The Executive floor for example will be completely renovated by the end of 2012.

Thank you again for your confidence, loyalty and kind words about our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Yaounde in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Hilton Yaounde is a good hotel. The room was clean and large, the breakfast was rich and service excellent. My only comment is that the decor is a bit on the old side and a renovation would be welcome.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mogli43
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripdvisor.

I was please to learn that you were very satisfied with the hotel’s
facilities and services. I may assure you that your positive remarks will be shared with the team.

Thank you again for your confidence, loyalty and kinds words about our hotel.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton 4 times and they don't fail to disappoint. While the culture and people of Cameroon are fantastic, as a Westerner, it is nice to go somewhere familiar.

The food in the restaurants has never disappointed and the Hilton is one of the only places I have been in Cameroon that has good service (in the restaurant, front desk, room service etc). Also, they have a great happy hour deal from 4-6; 2 drinks for the price of 1.

It is very clean, although a little bit dated, but that has never been a problem for me at all. (i.e. don't expect the modernity of a Hilton hotel in Manhattan)

It is very clear that all of the staff are working hard to make everyone's stay pleasant.

Room Tip: There is a happy hour deal at the bar from 4-6.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank luckyanatra
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaoundé and for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I fully understand your remark regarding the design in some areas and may assure you that we will continue to renovate the hotel. Our new Fitness center just re-opened in March 2012 and we'll start a complete refurbishment of our Executive floor by the end of the year.

Let me thank you for your loyalty and i look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

Meanwhile, i remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Sincerely

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've been in this hotel 4 times for the last 12 months. It's the best (only) choice in the city. It's probably the best hotel in subsaharan french speaking countries. The rooms are great and the staff is very nice and friendly. The service is good, the amenities are of high quality.

Room Tip: Don't miss the Friday diner buffet, barbecue by the pool!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ahanoubon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and your particular empahsize on our BBQ concept at the Pool restaurant. I may assure you that it will be shared with the team.

Thank you for loyalty and i look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

In the meantime, if i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed a week at the Hilton in Yaounde during a recent business trip to Cameroon. I can’t really complain too much as nearly all aspects of my stay were very positive. I was especially impressed with the hotel fitness center – very spacious with good, high quality machine weights, free weights, and a dozen or so cardio machines with private TV screens. A really great facility and one of the better hotel gyms I’ve been to in Africa.

The location of the hotel is handy to many of the government offices which I found very useful, all within walking distance. And not too far to the commercial center as well, though there didn’t seem to be an abundance of decent restaurants or cafes in the immediate area and I ended up eating most of my meals at the hotel.

My room was big with a great view from the balcony over the main traffic circle. I had a very nice computer desk but the cable internet connection was fairly slow and not complimentary. The room was spotlessly clean, well-maintained, and very comfortably furnished. I had some very restful sleeps here. There were a few hot water problems during the first few days of my stay but they seemed to get sorted out in the end. The minibar was exorbitantly expensive and I refused to pay those inflated prices. I instead bought many of the exact same products from the local supermarket for a fraction of the price. I was very happy with the room.

The breakfast buffet was awesome and I looked forward to eating there every morning. I ate a few other meals at the hotel as well and they were likewise very tasty. One complaint is that the whole lobby and bar area is a smoking zone, so pretty disgusting to have to walk through the cigarette smoke haze and nearly impossible to enjoy a drink at the lobby bar without having to suck in the foul smelling air – very disappointing for a Hilton hotel. Also they could do with more seating there. I found most of the tables full up whenever I wanted to enjoy a drink.

Service was generally fairly good and check-in/check-out went very smoothly. I especially liked the free hotel airport shuttle for pick-ups and drop-offs – great service.

Overall I was very happy during my stay at the Hilton and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers. I will definitely stay there again on future trips to Yaounde.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DanO68
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that during your stay, you were very satisfied by our services. Thank you for your confidence and loyalty.

I may assure you that your positive remarks regarding the new Fitness center, the breakfast, the cleanliness of the room and the overall service will be shared with the team. It represent a great motivation for us as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I fully understand your frustration regarding the smoking policy in the lobby and the bar. I took your comments very seriously and we'll reinforce the non-smoking area in the bar.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Yaounde and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.