All reviews lobby bar place to stay staff are great food is excellent i've visited enjoyed my stay business trip rooms are spacious room service central africa internet connection an upgrade breakfast buffet central location air conditioning hilton security
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I visit Cameroon every year for work. In Yaounde, you don't really have a choice if you expect a minimum of standards. The Hilton is centrally located, the staff if friendly and bilingual - for those who are allergic to foreign languages it's a plus -, the food is ok and the happy hour enjoyable. I have organized a couple of meetings with lunches and coffee breaks there and I never been disappointed. In the evening go to the bar at the floor and if you are lucky you'll enjoy the view of the city by night in a tropical storm: exquisite! One thing though, the 70s-80s decor is really outdated so a little change will be appreciated. I will go back to the Hilton Yaounde for sure.

Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank AAEORD
hiltonyaounde, General Manager at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and service in general.

I fully understand your remark regarding the decor and may assure you that we will continue to renovate the hotel. We'll start a complete refurbishment of our Executive floor by the end of the year.

Let me thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

Meanwhile, I remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Roland MUNTZER

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stay in this hotel every few months as I have not been able to find anything else suitable in Yaounde. Staff are very friendly, facilities are good albeit the decor is a bit dated.

I still smart at the price sometimes but there really is no other option from a comfort or security point of view,

The Barbecues on a Friday and Saturday's are great.

Room tip: I've stayed in all classes of rooms and they are all good
Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank SlimBF
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was please to learn that you were satisfied with the hotel’s facilities and the team members attitude.

I fully understand your comment regarding the decor. The hotel is still in an on going renovation process. The Executive floor for example will be completely renovated by the end of 2012.

Thank you again for your confidence, loyalty and kind words about our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Yaounde in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Hilton Yaounde is a good hotel. The room was clean and large, the breakfast was rich and service excellent. My only comment is that the decor is a bit on the old side and a renovation would be welcome.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank mogli43
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripdvisor.

I was please to learn that you were very satisfied with the hotel’s
facilities and services. I may assure you that your positive remarks will be shared with the team.

Thank you again for your confidence, loyalty and kinds words about our hotel.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton 4 times and they don't fail to disappoint. While the culture and people of Cameroon are fantastic, as a Westerner, it is nice to go somewhere familiar.

The food in the restaurants has never disappointed and the Hilton is one of the only places I have been in Cameroon that has good service (in the restaurant, front desk, room service etc). Also, they have a great happy hour deal from 4-6; 2 drinks for the price of 1.

It is very clean, although a little bit dated, but that has never been a problem for me at all. (i.e. don't expect the modernity of a Hilton hotel in Manhattan)

It is very clear that all of the staff are working hard to make everyone's stay pleasant.

Room tip: There is a happy hour deal at the bar from 4-6.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank luckyanatra
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaoundé and for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I fully understand your remark regarding the design in some areas and may assure you that we will continue to renovate the hotel. Our new Fitness center just re-opened in March 2012 and we'll start a complete refurbishment of our Executive floor by the end of the year.

Let me thank you for your loyalty and i look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

Meanwhile, i remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Sincerely

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've been in this hotel 4 times for the last 12 months. It's the best (only) choice in the city. It's probably the best hotel in subsaharan french speaking countries. The rooms are great and the staff is very nice and friendly. The service is good, the amenities are of high quality.

Room tip: Don't miss the Friday diner buffet, barbecue by the pool!!!
Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank ahanoubon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and your particular empahsize on our BBQ concept at the Pool restaurant. I may assure you that it will be shared with the team.

Thank you for loyalty and i look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

In the meantime, if i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.