All reviews lobby bar place to stay staff are great business trip food is excellent enjoyed my stay rooms are spacious room service is central africa internet connection breakfast buffet is an upgrade central location air conditioning hilton security cameroon
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton 4 times and they don't fail to disappoint. While the culture and people of Cameroon are fantastic, as a Westerner, it is nice to go somewhere familiar.

The food in the restaurants has never disappointed and the Hilton is one of the only places I have been in Cameroon that has good service (in the restaurant, front desk, room service etc). Also, they have a great happy hour deal from 4-6; 2 drinks for the price of 1.

It is very clean, although a little bit dated, but that has never been a problem for me at all. (i.e. don't expect the modernity of a Hilton hotel in Manhattan)

It is very clear that all of the staff are working hard to make everyone's stay pleasant.

Room Tip: There is a happy hour deal at the bar from 4-6.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank luckyanatra
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaoundé and for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and service in general.

I fully understand your remark regarding the design in some areas and may assure you that we will continue to renovate the hotel. Our new Fitness center just re-opened in March 2012 and we'll start a complete refurbishment of our Executive floor by the end of the year.

Let me thank you for your loyalty and i look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

Meanwhile, i remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Sincerely

Director of Operations

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've been in this hotel 4 times for the last 12 months. It's the best (only) choice in the city. It's probably the best hotel in subsaharan french speaking countries. The rooms are great and the staff is very nice and friendly. The service is good, the amenities are of high quality.

Room Tip: Don't miss the Friday diner buffet, barbecue by the pool!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ahanoubon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and your particular empahsize on our BBQ concept at the Pool restaurant. I may assure you that it will be shared with the team.

Thank you for loyalty and i look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Yaounde in the near future.

In the meantime, if i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Director of Operations

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed a week at the Hilton in Yaounde during a recent business trip to Cameroon. I can’t really complain too much as nearly all aspects of my stay were very positive. I was especially impressed with the hotel fitness center – very spacious with good, high quality machine weights, free weights, and a dozen or so cardio machines with private TV screens. A really great facility and one of the better hotel gyms I’ve been to in Africa.

The location of the hotel is handy to many of the government offices which I found very useful, all within walking distance. And not too far to the commercial center as well, though there didn’t seem to be an abundance of decent restaurants or cafes in the immediate area and I ended up eating most of my meals at the hotel.

My room was big with a great view from the balcony over the main traffic circle. I had a very nice computer desk but the cable internet connection was fairly slow and not complimentary. The room was spotlessly clean, well-maintained, and very comfortably furnished. I had some very restful sleeps here. There were a few hot water problems during the first few days of my stay but they seemed to get sorted out in the end. The minibar was exorbitantly expensive and I refused to pay those inflated prices. I instead bought many of the exact same products from the local supermarket for a fraction of the price. I was very happy with the room.

The breakfast buffet was awesome and I looked forward to eating there every morning. I ate a few other meals at the hotel as well and they were likewise very tasty. One complaint is that the whole lobby and bar area is a smoking zone, so pretty disgusting to have to walk through the cigarette smoke haze and nearly impossible to enjoy a drink at the lobby bar without having to suck in the foul smelling air – very disappointing for a Hilton hotel. Also they could do with more seating there. I found most of the tables full up whenever I wanted to enjoy a drink.

Service was generally fairly good and check-in/check-out went very smoothly. I especially liked the free hotel airport shuttle for pick-ups and drop-offs – great service.

Overall I was very happy during my stay at the Hilton and I would definitely recommend it to other travelers. I will definitely stay there again on future trips to Yaounde.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DanO68
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that during your stay, you were very satisfied by our services. Thank you for your confidence and loyalty.

I may assure you that your positive remarks regarding the new Fitness center, the breakfast, the cleanliness of the room and the overall service will be shared with the team. It represent a great motivation for us as we constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I fully understand your frustration regarding the smoking policy in the lobby and the bar. I took your comments very seriously and we'll reinforce the non-smoking area in the bar.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Yaounde and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is the only branded hotel in Yaounde. This is the only place you have to stay if you are seeking quality and refinement in Yaounde. So everybody converges here. Everybody from private executives to government leaders. Even locals who want to have a nice drink in a pleasant environment are here.

The rooms are simple but pleasant. Not many choices when it comes to entertainment. The bathrooms are also nice and have all amenities. The hotel provides tropical fruits in the room, though does not replenish them. The bed comfort is good and the staff friendly. The hotel has a open swimming pool which is well maintained. Lots of choices for drink or food. Food is super especially the sea food. The panoramic bar of the top floor is a nice place where you can unwind at the end of the day.

There are issues, slow check in and check out. No swanky cars at the hotel for pick up and drop. The need to always pay an advance to cover expenses or incidentals or get disturbed if you overspend this advance and be reminded constantly to pay up. The lunch buffet is terrific

The casino is something the less spoken the better, NO vegas and NO LIGHTS. Just a simple place with a few slots and couple of tables but at least you can have fun. Please don't walk in with any expectations.

On the whole a oasis at the end of a long sweaty day. We need to remember we are in Africa and from that Perspective you have a nice place to stay

Room Tip: The rooms on floor 7 are better than the club floor rooms on floor 8. The breafkast on the club floor is much smaller and with poor options
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vivian M
hiltonyaounde, General Manager at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience via Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that you were generally satisfied with the hotel’s facilities and services.

On the other hand, let me apologize personally for the issues you had specially during check in and check out and our lunch buffet, I assure you we have addressed all your concerns.

It is trough remarks from our loyal guests such as yourself, that you give us the opportunity to improve our services.

I hope you will give us a second chance to show our best and remain available at your convenience for any further information. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future reservation at the Hilton Yaounde.

Yours sincerely,

Roland MUNTZER

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is the best place to stay in Yaounde. The facilities are clean, the desk and wait staff are very friendly and more than happy to please. The concierge level has a wonderful breakfast and afternoon happy hour. I have not been disappointed yet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us and i may assure you that i will share your wonderful comments with the team.

Thank you again for your kind compliments and i look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,