All reviews lobby bar place to stay staff are great business trip food is excellent enjoyed my stay rooms are spacious room service is central africa internet connection breakfast buffet is an upgrade central location air conditioning hilton security cameroon
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This hotel is like other Hiltons. It is surprisingly nice considering how poor the country is. There were a few missteps like dirty used utensils left in the room and the water is yellow so I wasn't able to enjoy a hot bath. There is a nice selection of TV and movie channels and the amenities were nice and plentiful. I had pizza for my in-room dining and it was passable. The staff were courteous. The bed was very comfortable. There are power outlets around the room to accomodate laptops and other mobile devices that need recharging. My low rating is because it does not have wireless access in the room, only wired. On short trips I travel with my iPad only and I would have to go to the lobby to get a connection. After a long day of travel and work, I do not feel like dragging myself down there just to get online. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Outlaw50
Gregory T, Director of Operations at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback regarding your stay with us at the Hilton Yaounde. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests.

I fully understand your frustration regarding the wireless internet access. For your information, we have it available on the Executive floor and we are actually working on a new offer wordlwide.

I may assure you as well that our water is treated and regularly controlled; Unfortunately, the color comes sometimes after a water outage in the city.

I would like to let you know that actions are taken to improve our services and avoid the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Yaounde and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

In the meantime, if i can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

The hotel is situated in a strategic position. The lobby is nice with a small bar and some shops and business center. The restaurant has buffet and menu a la carte with a good selection of food and beverages. At the swimming pool there is a nice bar for drinks, snacks and quick lunch. The rooms are big, well equipped and comfortable. Two tennis courts, a squash court and a gym are useful after a day of work.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The first time I stayed here I was shocked at how it really felt like a Hilton, an African Hilton, but a Hilton. Having travelled widely throughout Africa, it was a pleasant surprise to have good service, and nice rooms. I stayed at a few hotels in Yaounde, and this is by far the nicest hotel there. Because of this, their rates are almost criminal for Cameroon.. I mean you are still in Cameroon.

The internet is pricey and when the internet service went down for the entire country (I was working with MTN at the time and got confirmation there was no service anywhere) I was still charged for internet because I didn't call down to technical support. I had to fight to get two days of internet refunded; it was more about the principal than anything else at that point.

The staff is a little under trained. Often times you will ask a question which has a simple response and the staff would say, "but the rules say this...". For example, I wasn't aware that I could have a guest use the pool unless I had a Hilton rewards number, which I did, but I had to spend 30 minutes trying to figure this out, otherwise they would have charged me an extra $20/day for this.

Also, I had signed up for a 24 hour internet code, and had paid it and had to go down to the business center to print out an email. I wasn't able to use my 24 hour internet code that I had purchased through my room, I had to purchase an additional 1 hour internet usage. While this is obviously ridiculous (it was an extra $10 by the way), the staff were unable to figure out a reasonable way out of this. I finally gave up and paid it in the end.

With not many options in Yaounde, the Hilton is the place to be.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Gregory T, Manager at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to write to me. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to hear that some of our services did not meet your expectations. Please accept me sincere apologies.

I fully understand your frustartion regarding internet services and may assure you that we are actually working on a new offer wordlwide with revised prices. In the meantime and if not done yet, you may register to our Hhonors program and you will benefit from free internet as soon as you reach the Gold and Diamond level.

I hope you will give us a second chance to show our best in the near future and would appreciate if you could contact me directly for any reservation.

Meanwhile, i remain available at your convenience for any further assistance

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Decent, comfortable business hotel in the centre of Yaounde. Friendly, efficient staff, very good conference facilities. Great breakfast buffet but otherwise food wasn't great. Kept on being served the same food which sometimes tasted as though it had been warmed up from the day before.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is very much appreciated that you took the time to express your thoughts and reactions to your visit with us. These are well received with understanding and compassion.

I would like to thank you for your very positive comments regarding our team members, Breakfast and conference facilities. However, I am concerned to hear that some of our services did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies.

I would like to let you know that actions are taken to improve our food offer and avoid the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I may assure you that your comment has been shared with the team.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed in the Hilton for 2 days, really enjoyed it to be the best hotel in Yaounde. The outside areas need a update but everything inside the hotel is top class. I was just surprised to see that the internet was not included in the price for the room, I had to pay an extra US$ 20 per day, for use. And the 20% taxes was also a surprise.

Apart from that everything was great, I had a wonderful view from my room and the aircon worked well.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ivanmare
hiltonyaounde, General Manager at Hilton Yaounde, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Yaounde and for taking the time to share your experience. I greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was happy to learn that you were satisfied by our services. Thank you for your confidence and loyalty.

I'm please to inform you that our internet offer will change as of begining of 2012. Internet access from our Business center and wireless in our public areas will become avaiable free of charge.

Yours sincerely,