See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2017

I often travel to Bujumbura for business; on my last trip I stayed in the Belair Residence in the Kiriri section of town. The facility is well maintained with good security. The rooms are clean and comfortable - with a firm bed. The shower is a bit cramped - a large person would find it challenging. The wiring is a bit concerning as many outlets have burn marks. Having stayed in other finer hotels in Bujumbura, what sets this apart is the breakfast -- a tasty variety!

Room tip: Low floor is preferable.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I give the hotel a 5 star rating mainly due to the staff. I feel at home here. I've stayed at the hotel a few times now and each time the staff remember you right from the front desk. First time I visited I was expecting a baby, subsequent times they've asked how she's doing. Again, first time I visited I requested for a channel to be added onto the TV channel options and in the subsequent times, they did this automatically when I arrived. Kindly note as Burundi is majorly French speaking, there tends to be fewer English channels. I feel a personal touch here. It's located in a quiet area and the hotel internet works great.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed every bit of my stay in this Hotel very fantastic ambience, great front office staff the breakfast fast was out of this world wit quite a variety to choose from, the rooms were awesome with big screen and we'll lit the Internet in the rooms was very strong was able to sustain very clear video calls.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed June 21, 2016

Had lunch at the restaurant of the hotel. This is fairly a new hotel on the hills of Bujumbura and situated in a quite part of town. The restaurant had good food and they took little time to prepare and deliver dishes for a group of 6.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

This was my second stay here but the staff are so happy and jovial you wonder whether they know Burundi is one of the poorest countries in the World.
Their Airport pick up is properly organised and even though my flight was delayed for three hours I found two staff waiting.
Their food is superb. Every time am around I put on weight the food is tasty and fresh.
It would be a great disservice to oneself if you visit Burundi and don't sample Mukeke. It's a fish found only in Burundi and nowhere else in the world. It's akin to a fish fillet with very few bones with a taste of a cross between beef and chicken.
They a nice spick and span gym.
When in Burundi forget all the media hype about violence and tension and come here home away from home. The hotel is tucked away from the main city of Bujumbura and fifteen minutes to the airport.

Date of stay: May 2016