All reviews absolutely enjoyed my stay work related every evening feel at home residential area breakfast was excellent stayed for nights rooftop bar fresh fruit a great stay internet connection business security english oasis guard
Selected filters
Reviewed December 13, 2018

We stayed for 5 nights at HDV and ran 3 workshops at the hotel with up to 50 attendees per day. Throughout our stay, all the staff were friendly and helpful. We ate almost all our meals at the hotel and all the food was freshly made, tasty and well-presented - don’t miss the fresh juices. The staff coped admirably with rearranging rooms and extra catering for the workshops.
Our room was spacious, nicely decorated and with a cool, leafy balcony. The whole hotel was clean and spacious with a pleasant roof-top bar and dining area.
Thanks to all the staff for a great stay.

Room tip: Some rooms have a balcony seating area
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
hoteldolcevitaresort, Front Office Manager at Hotel Dolce Vita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2019

Dear Jacqui M,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Dolce Vita Resort Hotel with other TripAdvisor readers. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with our facilities and services offered by Dolce Vita Resort.

We thank you again for staying with us and praising our offerings. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you for another memorable experience soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at Dolce Vita. All the staff from the security, cleaning, chef and front desk were so friendly and helpful. Even holding an umbrella for me when it was raining and I was getting into a cab! !

The rooms was comfortable and clean. Bringing fruit to the room in the evening was a nice touch

Breakfast choice was huge.

Free transfer to and from the airport (may depend on the number of nights you book for).

Best place I stayed in Burundi.

Highly recommended

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel Dolce Vit... R, Front Office Manager at Hotel Dolce Vita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Dear Matissa Carter,

Greetings from Dolce Vita Hotel Resort.

I would like to extend our gratitude for the detailed review post on your recent stay in Dolce Vita Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and Hospitality.

Best regards,

Eraste NDAGIJIMANA

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is no longer what it used to be everything has gone down, poor service, Breakfast is very poor, rooms are old , unclean and not well maintained, soaps or shampoos need to be negotiated if you are lucky to get one, I don’t recommend this hotel to anyone even though the location is good if you want to waist your money and your time try this Hotel then I bet you will be disappointed

Date of stay: September 2018
Hotel Dolce Vit... R, Front Office Manager at Hotel Dolce Vita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Bisimua M,

We thank you very much for your feedback.

We would firstly like to convey my most sincere apologies to you for the forgettable experience.

We have noted your concerns and have put measures in place to address all the issues raised. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, as this is the only way we can step back daily operations and use this constructive feedback to make the needed changes and ensure that each guest has a memorable stay.

At Dolce Vita Hotel, we always strive to improve our guest experience and do so by continuous upgrades of our hotel facilities and services, which take us from good to best on our quest to satisfy our guests.

We thank you again for staying at Dolce Vita Hotel.
The entire team looks forward to welcoming you for a memorable stay experience in the not so distant future.

Eraste NDAGIJIMANA

Reviewed July 16, 2018

While on business in Bujumbura my collegues and I stayed in this hotel. During my previous visits I always stayed at different hotels which all were modest (to say the least) with staff that hardly spoke any English and so my expectations were not very high. What a lovely surprise it was to find this hotel with very good facilities and helpful and friendly staff! Breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, good coffee and even nice croissants (!).
Rooms were clean and the bed was excellent. If in future I should travel to Burundi I will make sure to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel Dolce Vit... R, Front Office Manager at Hotel Dolce Vita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear rinsked2014,

We thank you so much for your fantastic review about Dolce Vita Resort Hotel. We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us; your kind words of appreciation have been shared with the entire team. It is with feedback such as yours that inspires us to continue to offer the best in hospitality to our discerning guests like you.

We thank you again for staying at Dolce Vita Resort Hotel and praising our offerings and look forward to welcoming you for another memorable stay experience.

Eraste Ndagijimana

Reviewed April 19, 2018

Fifth time that I stayed in this small but very pleasant hotel. The staff sere friendly as always and made me feel at home away from home. Internet connection was a bit slow but this is the case in most places in Bujumbura. I appreciated the fruits that are waiting for you every evening in your room ! I'll come back again next time !

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear Han d,

We thank you for taking the time to post your helpful review. We appreciate your positive and kind remarks about our hotel and glad to know you as a faith and regularly valued guest. Our staff will be very pleased to know they really made you have a fulfilling stay at Dolce Vita Hotel Resort. We are sure the fond memories will last a long time and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,