“Very nice place and staff- if a little out of the way”

King's Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bujumbura
Quito, Ecuador
“Very nice place and staff- if a little out of the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The thing that stood out to me the most at King's Conference Centre were the staff. They were so friendly and just really made you feel at home. The room itself was clean and comfortable and, perhaps most importantly, the internet was really really fast. I emailed them months later because I needed the receipt of my stay for work; they answered immediately with a scanned copy. The only downside I would say is that it is a bit out of the way from town or any of the beaches. When I asked where I could walk to from the hotel, I was told "the food market." Also, many religious events take place here so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you access to a nicer view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KCCburundi, Public Relations Manager at King's Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for your time to give us your apprecition. We are very excited that you enjoyed our staff and facilities. As for the location of our hotel, it is true that there are some three kilometres from downtown but this makes it preferred for the quietness for rest. The Front Desk is always ready to organise a taxi for any guest wishing to move out or back. They can also suggest you some best places to visit. Concerning the religious events, as we are conference centre, these are some of the kind of activities we are eager to shelter.

Thanks once more for your contribution.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My first time to Burundi and it was literally magic! The King's Conference Center staff were unbelievably friendly and courteous. The service was prompt and they went out of their way to ensure our comfort. The food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the fresh tropical fruit for Breakfast every morning. We had a number of meetings on the premise and even when there were other events taking place we were kindly directed to another location so we could meet. It was a delightful stay and I can't say enough about the warmth and genuine concern for us to have a positive experience. I felt very safe and cared for. The honesty and integrity of the staff was excellent.

1 Thank A11en777
KCCburundi, Public Relations Manager at King's Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for taking all this time to appreciate our service. We hope once back to Burundi you will enjoy even better the fitness centre as we have brought new equipment. We are very glad to hear that enjoyed our resatuarant.
Wishing you all the best for 2014.
Kabale, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

It is a must visit. I liked their beautiful Palm gardens, the fitness centre and the meals. Great coffee and Tanganyika fish! Great experience for me. I also liked the fact they do not have a bar given its Christian foundation. I will visit again

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the palm gardens
1 Thank Ahimbisibwe A
KCCburundi, Public Relations Manager at King's Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear guest,

We are very grateful of your time to give us your stay feedback. We are excited that you enjoyed our restaurant.As for the gym, it will be even more enjoyable when you come back as we are soon installing new equipment. As you said, the fact we don't serve alcohol makes KCC a quiet and restful place for both christians and non christians. We wish you all the best.
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hospitality in my observation is one of the selling strengths of this hotel. The warmth and honesty of their staff is outstanding! Even the few who could not speak English made every endeavor to communicate with a smile. During one of the evenings, we decided to take a walk outside the hotel, and to our pleasant surprise a guard from the hotel came running behind us, just to warn us not to take that route, which he explained to be a dangerous one due to the rampant robberies that happened along it. We thought that was very caring of him. The hotel also offers transport to and from the airport.
The bedroom I stayed in first was furnished with a mosquito net, working air conditioner, reading table, intercom, bedside lamp, hot shower and best of all wireless internet. Only a few of my colleagues complained about the signal quality. I was shifted to another room a few days later, which had an additional to it, a bar fridge. (Beware though, that the drinks in the fridge are charged separately and do not come with the room charge). The hotel is well furnished with conference halls, a pleasant dining area, and beautiful green all round the hotel. A well furnished gym that was almost always full to capacity mostly during the evening hours. Fairly good food that would meet the tastes of both local and international travelers.
On the down side, the mosquito nets were a bit dusty in both of the rooms I stayed in, I am sure that this would have been catered for if I had asked, but I didn't. I do not know if it always this way, but the mosquitoes where a great disruption. We tried twice to enjoy the beautiful outside sitting but this was just impossible due to the mosquitoes. If you are considering staying at this hotel, an insect repellant is definitely a good choice to include in your packing.

Room Tip: Explain your preferences to the hotel and you will definitely be given the appropriate room.
1 Thank Bibian B
KCCburundi, Guest Relations Manager at King's Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to thoroughly explain your trip. We greatly appreciate each detail you mentioned during your stay. We do our best to provide excellence in hospitality to each of our guests. We apologize for the dust on the mosquito net and we have informed our cleaning staff to add this to their cleaning routine to ensure this will not be the case during your next visit. We also provide mosquito repellent at the front desk for our visitors. You are very welcome during your next stay at KCC.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Outstanding staff! Hard working, honest, seek to serve us through our 11 day stay! Rooms are clean, A/C is VERY nice and staff was happy to show me how to use remote, beds are large, plenty of room for clothes in closet, the food is very good and they will prepare a mix/match of anything they have: I was able to have crepes fixed my way, lunch/dinner in any combination we liked. The location is great with a great view from the top floor, the workout room is outstanding, nice laundry service is quick. Again, we were treated with extreme friendliness and encouragement and I would not trade that for ANY comfort item. It was a blessing being at Kings!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MEL F
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to review King's Conference Center. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the staff and thank you for mentioning the quality of our restaurant. Our staff just received training to prepare quality espresso and we hope to have those services available very soon. Welcome again at KCC!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was my first trip to Africa and I was very surprised by the hospitality and service of King's Conference Center. The staff had excellent attitudes and seemed to enjoy working. I travel throughout the US and know when I see excellent hospitality and King's provided great service. I felt safe and secure while during my stay. The staff was very warm and help me with the native language of Bujumbara. My stay was for 13 days and i will be staying with King's again. It would be nice to add a few more breakfast and dinner options to the menu but overall excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor to get a great view of the Lake and always visit Bujumbura in November or Dece...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Thomas C
KCCburundi, Guest Relations Manager at King's Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to respond. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality when you were at KCC. Our staff has continually receives hospitality training about and we expect to continue that training in order to improve their skills. So, we welcome you again for your next stay at KCC.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The service was awesome and I felt at home. The food was stupendous. I was also encouraged by their willingness to accomodate our special needs for laundry. The air conditioning as orked very well and that was refreshing. I would have liked the beds to be softer but I guess I am a spoiled American.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to let us have feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you appreciate our food ,laundry and air conditioning. As for the bed, we are sorry for the inconvenience you expeienced, but please, do not hesitate to let us arrange a softer matress.

Thanks again for your time.