“Great view, good food, but restaurant was empty...”

Belvedere Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Bujumbura
Cuisines: African, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Singapore, Singapore
“Great view, good food, but restaurant was empty...”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I recently went for lunch with my wife and we were surprised for the great panoramic view of Bujumbura and Lake Tanganyika. If the day is clear, this is the place to go, so you will enjoy the views. The restaurant was empty, despite the fact the food was delicious. The downside is the location for travel visitors. Most of the hotels are not walking distance from the place.

About the food, we shared a tagliatelle alle pesto and chocolate cake with ice cream. Servings were generous. Staff was polite and efficient.

Visited December 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Off Season, off night?”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had been told the view is spectacular, and indeed it is. I arrived @ 5:15 to sit at the bar, enjoy a cocktail and watch the evening roll in over Lake Tanganyika. They had no tonic for a G & T. So I thought a gin and fruit cocktail would do. The only fruit juice (despite a long menu list) was mango or pineapple. So we made a mix... at a hefty price. I ordered the steak in mustard sauce. 40 minutes after ordering, I received a plate of mustard sauce with a bit of steak buried underneath. The meat was tough, although medium rare. During my entire visit, I was 'served' by 5 different waiters, so it was hard to know who should get a tip -- although I had to flag one down anytime I needed something. Cell phone conversations and flirting seemed to take precedence.

All in all I was disappointed. My expectations had been high. Go to Chez Gerard off Muyinga. Same tough steak, but at half the price...

• Visited December 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent View”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This resturant has a great view and the food is good too! Check it out and I don't think that you'll be disappointed

Visited September 2013
Bujumbura, Burundi
“Dinner at Belvedere”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ate here on 30/5. New menu. Food was excellent and well presented. My steak was tender and came on a sizzling plate with vegetables served separately. Reasonably priced with most dishes around $15

Visited May 2013
Paris, France
“Nice views of the city”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I came here for drinks on a week night. The place was nearly empty. The terrance is open air, and the views of the city and lake below are stunning. If I recall correctly, imported beers were about 4,000 BIF and mixed drinks 12,000 BIF. The service was good. I'd come back for another night cap.

Visited October 2012