See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

I'm finally writing a review for Hotel Botanika though I've stayed there many times. This place has the cleanest rooms, kindest and most helpful staff, and a great restaurant. Business or pleasure, don't miss out. It does get a bit noisy on the weekend but just get out and join the fun.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2016

Good place to work: central, good wifi, nice rooms and great food. As I stayed two weeks I could use the little conferenceroom for free. With the security problems in Burundi for the moment, this place is a good option. Never felt insecure. And it is a good place to make appointments and make new contacts.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed March 2, 2016

I read some of the reviews before booking here in January 2016. And it is true that the food is very good and they have a great staff. As I was a bit afraid to go to Burundi during this unstable period, I was very happy to stay at this place. It is central, in a secure area and to access the hotel/restaurant you need to pass security and a passage. During nights, it is like an oasis middle of a country with many problems .So I was not worried at all during my week stay.The rooms are great and I do not understand some critics I read.Maybe the beds are a bit to big for the rooms, But this is the only comment I can give them. I certainly go back. Especially because it is easy to find someone at the restaurant/bar to talk with and spend a pleasant evening. It makes a working mission much easier. As I did not feel the need to leave the place, I took the option for three meals a day for 110 usd. So actually, for the quality of food I had, it became like a cheap stay. Normally I do not take time to fill out comments about hotels but they deserve some good ones.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed May 13, 2015 via mobile

If you are visiting Bujumbura for business and want to stay in heart of city then Botanika is the best place costing 90 USD per night. The rooms are excellent, well decorated and with 24 hour non stop electricity. Though windows do not offer any view of outside. On the opposite side of road is Havana. Next to Botanika is Aroma Cafe. So nothing to worry about meals. The restaurant of Botanika itself is self sufficient with pleasent environment and good quality food. All markets, general stores, banks and internet cafe are close by. A well equipped Gym "Fitness Factory" with special weight loss and yoga classes is also in near vicinity. You will also find money changers and pharmacies on road side. So must try this place for once.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2015

I have stayed at Hotel Botanika on numerous occasion while in Bujumbura for work and keep coming back.

I love the atmosphere of the place and the semi-outdoors restaurant is very relaxing, especially in the morning. The dinner menu is good and fairly priced (do ask for the “jus maison”), breakfast is great (hello croissant form Café Gourmand) and the hotel staff is very friendly (the restaurant staff can be a bit slow and not smiley at dinner). While I understand why some other reviewers might see the rooms small and weirdly arranged, I quite like having the office area separated from the bedroom. Sure, the rooms are not particularly fancy but they are clean, have good bathrooms and comfy beds, they do the job. The location is also great, very central.

Now, the place is not perfect. The night club on the other side of the street makes some nights difficult- during my last stay, I could hear music until 6am on a Thursday morning! They cannot really do anything about this (apart from giving free ear plugs?) but they should really get the internet connection together, as a lot of other hotels in Bujumbura have fast and reliable internet.

In any case I will still book a room there next time I go to Bujumbura for work as I still prefer it to other similar standards hotels in Bujumbura. I would however not go there for holidays and would instead opt for a more open and breezy hotel by the lake – although I would still come to Botanika for food.

Room tip: Rooms 5, 6 and 7 on the restaurant side are more private
Date of stay: February 2015