Hotel Botanika
$58
Hotels.com
$144
$133
Hotel Dolce Vita Resort(Bujumbura)(Great Value!)
$85
$68
King's Conference Centre(Bujumbura)(Great Value!)
$68
$110
Aparthotel Jardin Tropical(Bujumbura)(Great Value!)
$71
$49
$90
Star Hotel(Bujumbura)(Great Value!)
$288
$55
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For meat-eaters and vegetarians alike, a french food delight. Unexpectedly incredible food. We still talk about it months later. Low lighting and ambient music add to the amazing experience. We did not stay at the hotel, but very much recommend the restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I think the rooms of the hotel are probably just 4 stars, but the restaurant puts it over the top. First the room; it was very comfortable, and air conditioned which was a huge plus a not always a given in Bujumbura. The bed was quite nice, and had more functional mosquito netting than most. The arrangement was a little odd, and the furniture was just plastic chairs, but overall can't complain. And even though my room faced out on the main road I had no trouble sleeping, the noise was not bad at all. The wifi was pretty good in the room too.
The restaurant was really excellent though. Terrific bread, intelligent and tasty dishes, espresso drinks, and prompt service. I stayed in four hotels in three countries on this trip and this was the best, both in terms of the room and the restaurant. I will definitely be using Botanika as my home base in Bujumbura in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at Botanika for over a month. I loved the warm welcome, very nice style, good services and internet Wi-fi and excellent food. The Botanika team speaks fluently both french and english making communication easy. In addition they succeed to make you feel at home. Well, during the weekend nights there is some noise coming from the outside road and night-clubs; but it is easily manageable. I highly recommend the place.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I came here knowing nothing of Burundi and this place but I have been greatly surprised by everything.
This hotel, a guesthouse in fact, was really nice, the room we had was great, not very big though, nicely decorated, and fresh, I mean after the heat outside it was nice to have a place to cool down, good shower too.
We enjoyed the restaurant, good breakfast and dinner and the setting of the hotel was really appreciated, pergolas, wood and plants, a lot of shade.
The staff was very nice to us, the place is clean, they speak english and french and they always smile and joke.
The hotel is well located in central Bujumbura with a lot to do and discover nearby.
For the price we paid we were really pleased with our choice and I encourage you to try it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for me. I looked into staying at one of the big beach hotels but they were really expensive. Botanika is downtown in Burundi on the main street with alot of the fun bars. If you are in Burundi to have fun it is the perfect location. The rooms were decent sized and clean and the service was great. The shower was strong. And the wi-fi was good. Really that is all I need in a hotel.

Also the restaurant is excellent - really good food - the best we had during our stay. Even if you don't choose this hotel you should come for the food.

Room Tip: One warning - and it isn't the hotel really it is the location. The street gets crazy on the weekend with all the people partying - and it can be very noisy. If this bothers you be careful which room you get. I had one facing the street and was woken up several times from music and street action. This didn't bother me but might someone else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple