“Clean and interesting place....just not the best steak”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oinker's Lounge & Grill
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Atlantic
Mount Vernon, Texas
“Clean and interesting place....just not the best steak”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I work colleague took me to the infamous Oinker's for dinner. The place is in a basement but was warm and inviting. The staff were friendly and service was really fast and good. I had the steak special. Ok I am from Texas and spoiled and should know better than ordering steak but I did anyway. It was ok quality meat and cooked as I asked. I just don't like pan fried steaks. The baked potato was plain and nothing special. Overall, I would go there for a beer with some friends and would eat there but probably not choose from the steak menu.

• Visited May 2014

Floral, ar
“Good steak”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not enough seasoning for me, but the meat was good. This is a club under an old diner, but give it a try

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Prime Rib for Atlantic, Iowa; and Southwest Iowa”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Oinkers is in the basement of the old Pines Restaurant. The old Pines Restaurant is the formal dining room with the classic salad bar, while Oinkers is the basement lounge where you would adjoin afterwards to have a "cigar" (more likely a cigarette).

The Prime Rib was very good; however, the price of the Prime Rib is the same as everywhere else outside of Omaha/Council Bluffs (between $20 and $30, depending on size of cut). Is it worth driving miles for? Probably not. But it was good, and we were happy. We would definitely order it again. Our bill, with liquor, was approximately $60.

I would definitely come back though. The people were very nice and the service was your typical small town service (and atmosphere). Very friendly, but not very attentive.

One last thing - I loved their juke box (and the drinks were cheap).

• Visited December 2013