“Good Stay. Good Value.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Atlantic
Salem, Virginia
“Good Stay. Good Value.”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Clean room. Nice people. Restaurant next door. Pool nice. Would stay again. No problems.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Which isn't saying much -- the chain attracts a noisy clientele. But the room was recently remodeled/new. I felt safe. I slept well once my neighbors went to bed. Not too many choices in this area. I didn't regret staying there two nights so I could visit Elk Horn. And the town of Atlantic has a certain ungainly charm. Nice folks and I wish them well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Branson
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Quiet, Clean, well priced, nice quick start breakfast, close to walmart and food. Indoor pool

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2009

My family stayed in this hotel on the way across country due to the reviews on this site. This hotel was in our "stop range". Since we were only using it to sleep, I didn't care about frills. I just wanted clean and a comfortable enough bed. I got both. We didn't swim, much to the dismay of my kiddos, so I can't comment on the pool. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was adequate for a free breakfast with a "make your own" waffle station. There are several restaraunts within walking a driving distance as well as a Walmart across the street I was happy with my choice to stay here and would do it again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Liberty
Reviewed September 20, 2008

One of the nicest Super 8 hotels I've used. The property is a little confusing in terms of layout, but the room was spacious, clean, and VERY quiet (for a Super 8). I didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. Very friendly staff, nice office area.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, convenient
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
Reviewed May 13, 2007

I stayed here as a stop during my road trip cross country. The service at the front desk was polite, couteous and friendly. The room was clean and had a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable, but my hubby said, "BYOP (bring your own pillow)". The room was noticably quiet, even though we were on the bottom floor. Breakfast was great and had a wide variety, including waffles, pancakes and all the other expected things. They have a pool and a large hot tub, we used both. There were toys in the pool for kids that belonged to the hotel. Easy check in and check out. Ample parking. It's a ways off the freeway (about 10-15 minutes) but was worth the drive out of the way. Wal mart is across the street, along with a McDonald's and a gas station.

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Pillows were flat
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank snowgal221
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 6, 2006

Stayed at the Super8 Atlantic recently while in the area for a work event. My room and those my coworkers stayed in all smelled very mildewy, and, when I made the very bad mistake of taking off my shoes, I discovered that the carpet was damp. I don't know why the other reviewers would give this 5 "bullets" or "stars" or whatever, but this accommodation was barely tolerable at best. After trying the free breakfast the first morning, we chose to pay and go to the supermarket down the street the next morning. The Super8's coffee was essentially coffee-flavored water and the food was an assortment of sugary treats and cereals... nothing remotely resembling anything healthy or fresh. The one really good thing this place had going for it was the front desk clerk, who really made an effort on my behalf when I arrived at 10pm to check in and found no record of my reservation and the place totally sold out (after some digging she unearthed a held reservation for which no one had checked in and gave me that room).

• Liked — Front desk clerk
  • Disliked — Damp carpet and mildew smell!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CAinDC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlantic
Boulders Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Atlantic
Motel 6 Avoca
Motel 6 Avoca
#1 of 3 in Avoca

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Atlantic? Share your experiences!