“Outside or inside”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
“Outside or inside”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A restaurant that offers tranquility and consistent quality of food, served by the most friendly sisters in an ambiance of peace.
Over the years I have enjoyed this place and can recommend it.

Visited July 2012

Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
“Great Expectations”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had heard that the nuns at Eau Vive start singing around 9 or so, enough of a reason to go try eating at a place I thought. Unfortunately, I had imagined some Sister Act spectacular...what I got was more like an evening at church. And, sadly, the food was nothing special.

We were inside the restaurant because rain was approaching--it was very bright and created no intimate dining atmosphere. I have heard, though, that the outside area is very nice.

• Visited August 2012
“Always a treat...”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

... great French cuisine... wine also by the glass... try the "nem" and the "carpe"... prices are down to earth, great garden with a fountain and- you do something good: Catholic nuns run this place and the missionaries do charity work with your money!

Visited January 2012
Vienna, Austria
“The best in Ouagadougou”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Actually I used to go there in 1980 when I lived in Ouagadougou. In those days there were only three restaurants acceptable for foreigners and L'Eau Vive was the best, you could eat safely the "crudités". My husband ate there even frogs (his knowledge of French was limited at the time and he didn't know what he was eating), but one must say the frogs weren't local, they came from France by plane.

Visited February 2011
Mt. Airy, Maryland
“Another Dimension”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

As a Peace Corps Volunteer in 1979 my wife and I stumbled into this place one evening. The heavily shuttered doors open at a certain time in the evening. When we walked in it was like walking into some foreign inexplicable place. It was 110 degrees outside. At that time it was next to the Grand Marche. You came into this place from what was at that time an incredibly impoverished but none-the-less exotic place. The heat was (as mentioned) oppressive. We had a layer of sand and grit from having walked through the city to get there. When you walked through the doors there were nuns, linen table cloths, real silver-ware and at that time the interior was "open air". You were served ice water...the stars were amazing. We were were in heaven. I don't remember the food. I just remember the experience.

Visited January 2012