“Bad experience”

Peermont Mondior Gaborone
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We did not get value for our money as we had to pay an extra amount for a "better room" we were given keys to room 116 only to find the room untidy, it wasn't cleaned up after the previous client, we called the reception & we moved to room 313, the room was cleaned up but it had no towels, and the bedroom air conditioner wasn't working, we had to call yet again for assistance. Despite the bad experience, Thabang & Linda from the reception were kind & helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Antoinette S, Operations Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that you had to contend with several maintenance and housekeeping problems.

We had a system upgrade at the time which unfortunately left us a bit crippled. We have since identified areas that require training and I would hope that you may find it within you to give us another opportunity to provide the service and the product that you are looking for.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

i checked in on the 11th Dec 2013. sadly, i was allocated a used room which i had to change for another room which was also in very poor state. i had to ask for towels. the aircon in the beddroom was not working either! The Staff member who was on Duty, Linda was very helpful, despite the situation at hand....he went an extra mile.
the apology i was given by the Supervisor was that the hotel was updating its reservation system subesquently, was not helping in identifying the clean rooms and or not clean rooms with defaults.
but i thought it would have been fair for the Hotel to devise a different means than to cause disappointment on me as their client!

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st Floor and facing BNPC are the best!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Prince-thabang ... T
Antoinette S, Operations Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We did indeed have a system upgrade which unfortunately left us a bit crippled. It is very evident from your comments that we have areas that require very urgent training and we will definitely get on top of it. I have to agree with you on Linda, he is a top class employee, and I truly appreciate that you still found the time to recognize his service to you.

Thank you once again, the information provided is very valuable to us.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

When we arrived it looked fantastic, but it was too good to be true. Check-in was fine, the staff were very helpful. We were showed to our rooms (we had to family rooms) by the porter. The rooms looked very nice and comfortable when we arrived. Each room had two bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with two twin beds, a sitting room, and a bathroom. In one room, we had a total of 3 flat-screen TVs! We turned them on, and guess what? Neither of them worked. We called down to the reception and they sent someone to take a look at them. None got fixed. Downstairs in our second room, no problem with the TVs but one of the bedrooms had a broken AC. We walked to the reception and talked them into giving us free internet vouchers and a free breakfast! In the morning we swam in the pool. The pool was shallow enough for my kids to stand on tip-toes in the deep end. The bottom was a little sandy.
All in all I recommend this hotel for stopovers in Gaborone.

Room Tip: Ask for higher rooms for better views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an honest review of our property. I apologize sincerely for the maintenance defects during your stay. I have shared your comments with our team and we will definitely make work of it. Please do let me know when you are back in Gaborone again.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel is well situated few minutes from the Tlokweng border gate, walking distance to a mall, short drive to the airport.

Room was spacious, big screen TV, adequate channels. Neat enough and convenient with all appliances as its a self catering. Décor tasteful. Beds very comfortable and very much welcomed air-con!

The bathroom needs a bit of revamp, toilet was malfunctioning disturbing a peaceful sleep, toilet paper roller kept falling off, the bath and shower has seen better days!

NO shower cap and hairdryer provided. The hotel promised a 2 hour free WIFI daily which was actually 1,5hr and this is a 4 star hotel?

The staff was just doing their duties, I didn't like room allocated and they found me another room.
If you called reception for something you would wait until you call again, I guess they just wanted to make sure you really need the iron or assistance with something.

Mondior was way better than their sister hotel Metcourt by far but please take away 1 star!
Parking is a bit of problem as the hotel share parking space with News café

Perfect for business traveller and someone in Gaborone for few days.

Room Tip: I guess all the rooms are ok, we had ground floor room right by the parking, but it was quiet. Only...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Smomoza
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of our property.

Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience throughout their stay and we clearly missed the mark is some areas. Please do accept my apologies for the hurdles you had to overcome. I have shared your comments with our team for feedback and resolve and I do hope you will afford us another visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Reasonable value for money, very friendly staff. Just allow yourself plenty of time for breakfast if you have an appointment to make - I ordered an omelette and had to leave hungry when it had still not arrived after 30 minutes - and the restaurant was virtually empty.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rodney D
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are pleased to note that you found our employees friendly. We will ensure that your kind comments are passed on. With regards to your breakfast I have been lead to believe that the situation is in hand and your refund is currently being processed. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused at the time. Once again thank you for support and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here for just 1 night in a ground floor standard room.

Nice location, spacious and clean rooms, free wifi for 1-hour (can login and logout so it's not all used up at once) after which you can purchase, although accessing it can be difficult from some rooms.

Pool area is quite tired and not so clean-looking or inviting.

Offsite restaurant and bar (NewsCafe) is just okay.

Bottomline: nothing special, nothing bad. I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be quieter--I heard outside noises from my ground floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank James D
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your supporting the Mondior Gaborone and for taking the time to post a review of our property. We take a great deal of pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our property and we will always be concerned when a guest points out that the pool area is not so clean looking and a bit tired . With the current drought conditions experienced in Gaborone it is proving difficult for us to maintain the area as the use of potable water for pool refilling and cleaning is currently prohibited. We have none the less performed a very thorough inspection of the area and trust you will find the improvements in order on your return visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I normally stay here for business. It good value for money and the service - VERY GOOD. I highly recommend this hotel. I stayed here more than 8 times and my last visit was a a total of 9 nights.I wish they had a fitness centre however my ovarall stay was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lulu R
Antoinette S, Manager at Peermont Mondior Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for supporting the Mondior Gaborone and for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive recognition from our guests and I will most definitely share your comments with our team. Please do let us know when you are back in Gaborone again so that we may assist to secure preferential day tariffs at a close by gym for you.