“Good value”

Peermont Metcourt Inn at The Grand Palm
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Been here many times. My first choice in Gaborone. Centrally located in a beautifull surrounding with palms. Access to same facilities as the exclusive Walmont such as swimmingpool, several restaurants and casino. Good and caring staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kwara

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 2-4 April, rooms are small but manageable and the air con is very noisy. Breakfast not included in our rate and seems overpriced for the variety provided. Overall not fantastic and security in doubt as it seems that upon returning to our room night before our departure, someone had placed a privacy tag on the door which got us curious. Rooms were made but apparently some of our toiletries were missing, as it wasn't anything valuable, we did not bother reporting to the management, we were lucky to have left our important documents in the safe provided. In view of our early morning flight (which requires departure to airport at 5.30am), I could not trust the complimentary airport transfer after reading feedback from other travelers as we could not afford to miss our flight. Anyway, it will not be our choice of hotel for our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret S
PeermontHotels, General Manager at Peermont Metcourt Inn at The Grand Palm, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Budget hotel- not so fantastic’

Thank you for your feed back reviewed on the 9th of April. The Metcourt Inn has a great reputation for honest staff who are dedicated to customer satisfaction. We are disappointed that you did not report your alleged missing toiletries as this would have been investigated immediately, as the room door locks can be interrogated to see who entered the room and we also have CCTV surveillance in our corridors. All air conditioners in the rooms’ are new console units and operate differently from split units. All our rooms also have digital laptop safes and the carpeting has been replaced within the last year. The breakfast at the hotel is a Full English breakfast and consists of a choice of three cereals, muesli, bran flakes and cornflakes with skimmed or whole milk, a choice of three yoghurts, plain, fruit cocktail and strawberry, sliced fresh fruit of honeydew melon, spunspek melon or pineapple, 3 types of fresh fruit in season, fresh apples, bananas, plums or peaches, selection of pastries, Danish, croissants, scones, bread rolls, selection of dried fruits, mango, banana, apricot with pecan nuts, choice of cold sliced cucumber, onions, and salmon, whole-wheat or white bread toast, eggs to order, scrambled, fried or boiled, choice of grilled beef or pork sausage, grilled bacon, hot special dish of the day could be grilled minute steaks, beef mince or grilled mushrooms, and choice of unlimited tea or coffee priced at P115 per person or US$14. We are pleased that you did not miss your complimentary shuttle to airport and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel to enjoy our new facilities at the Grand Palm complex, the Bai Sheng Chinese restaurant and the Camelot Spa.

Dorie please see other reviews which I copied to you this morning where guest was happy about breakfast!

Regards,

TED SOUTTER

Metcourt General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Metcourt on 2 occasions. Generally it is a good place to stay for the business traveler if the staff can get their act together.

During my first visit, the stay was good until check out. I had a flight at 7.30am and I had informed the personnel at the reception about this the day before. They advised me to check out and be at the reception by 5.30am. At 5.15am, I was had checked out and was waiting for the shuttle to the airport provided by the hotel. Despite constant reminders, they kept me waiting until 7am when the shuttle finally showed up. We got to the airport 15mins to departure and obviously missed the flight. I went back to the hotel and they offered to change my flight booking to a later flight at 2pm. I managed to get to the airport on time for the second flight. However, during check in, I was informed I had to pay for the flight reservation change. As it turned out, the hotel made the change but told the airline I would pay for the change during check in. I was pissed off but there wasn't anything I could do as I couldn't reach the hotel and the guy I was with was the driver who couldn't help the situation. I was forced to pay for the change and was on my way.

The second time I was there, I sent my clothes out for laundry more than a day before my departure. As I was preparing to check out, I called the laundry to request my clothes to be brought back. The lady told me they couldn't locate them and they were looking for them. A few minutes later, I called back and was told they had located them but they had not been washed. I was forced to travel on recycled clothing. This time round I got my friend to drop me at the airport :)

Apart from that, I also found the rooms to be a little small and cramped and the air con is too noisy. Also be very careful with the exchange rate used when paying in foreign currency.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

“There is room for improvement”

Thank you for the feedback on your last visit. We are disappointed to learn that due to a shuttle delay on the 05.30 am run you were late for your departure flight, and also had to pay a change of flight fee, you also had a delay with the return of your laundry, we will investigate these service delivery issues and take remedial action to ensure that they do not happen again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Metcourt is the perfect place to stay in Gaborone for business. It has all the convenience and comfort of a 5 star hotel, except the huge price tag. Our Executive Room was lovely and quiet. The King size bed was comfy with modern decor. Good use was made of the available space, the room and bathroom was clean. The bathroom has a lovely shower with fluffy towels. There is aircon, TV with a variety of news and sport channels. There is a compact cupboard and coffee/tea facility in the room. The breakfast buffet (which was not included in the rate) is overpriced and some of the items in the buffet were running low, and not being replenished which was disappointing. Overall the Metcourt is good value for money, we booked through Expedia which included free internet, but we would have been charged per hour had we not booked through Expedia. What's great about this hotel, is that you have access to the Peermond Grand Palm Hotel and all it's facilities and lovely gardens and grounds which includes; Tennis Courts, Squash, Swimming Pool, Gym, Spa as well as the variety of of Pubs and Restaurants as well as the Casino and business Centre at the Grand Palm Hotel. Don't miss dinner at the 'Bai Sheng' Restaurant at the Grand Palm Hotel. It's speciality is Asian Cuisine and the food is simply out of this world. Booking is essential since it's the hottest new restaurant in Gabs and word is spreading fast! There's a festive vibe, tranquil stylish decor. Most people order a variety of dishes and share. I recommond the Beef Stir Fry with Egg Rice which was just delicious! We will definitely be back at Metcourt - thanks to the staff who made sure we had everything we needed for a successful business stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side, away from the busy road, it's quiet and has a lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Pleasantly surprised - so much more than just a hotel “5 star facilities at 3 star prices”

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Peermont Metcourt Inn at the Grand Palm Resort in Gaborone Botswana. We are thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience of the hotel and also of all the additional facilities on our exciting Resort, lovely gardens, tennis courts, delectable restaurants, cardio gym, variety of Pubs and restaurants, especially Bai Sheng our new Asian cuisine addition, exciting Casino, conference centre and opening soon the Camelot Spa. We are disappointed to learn about our breakfast buffet not being replenished on time and will take remedial steps to ensure you are totally satisfied when we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the Metcourt, with only a rating of 3 star I didn't expect too much but was greeted with well presented friendly staff who eagerly organized me an early check in. The room was fair sized with all the facilities you would need and an amazingly comfortable bed! The breakfast was lovely and the restaurants available at the main hotel for dinner was fantastic. A really pleasant experience and just what you need when away from home for business.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

A very good experience-excellent pick up from the airport and very jolly driver en route to the hotel itself. I arrived early and they were really helpful in giving me a room early. Very efficient, courteous and professional reception full of fun and very welcoming. My room was spotlessly clean and no complaints whatsoever. Tea and coffee supply. The Wi-Fi connection works much better than anywhere I stayed on this particular trip (Zimbabwe and South Africa) which is wonderful. The hotel itself is one minute walk from the Grand Palm which I have stayed at many years before that I intend to drop in to later as there is a huge swimming pool. Entire facility is very secure with plenty of invisible guards and it was there is a Gatehouse so from a security perspective-you have nothing to worry about. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to prospective guests and I hope the management in this hotel read my review as it should be pleased and more importantly proud of their front office staff who were just so polite and great ambassadors for the hotel itself-well done. There is a casino Which is joined on the hotel. In short, everyone is very friendly and you feel very secure when you're here. There is a wonderful steak restaurant in the main grand palm hotel facility. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When i arrived i was treated by some rude hotel staff who had a misunderstanding and rather than put me in a room i was made to wait for over an hour in the lobby. After a 24 hour journey! I was offered tea and water after 45 mins thinking it was complimentary as i was told by the waitress i was later charged!

I was not asked for room preferance whereas a guest checking in next to me was. I was put in a room facing a billboard and which had an ugly view. I had to ask for toilet paper in my room as house keeping would forget to put it in the room. As for breakfast if you arrive a minute late expect not to be recieved kindly and you will not eat anything that morning. Regardless of whether you go to the sister hotel in the resort which by the way has almost nothing to do with the Metcourt!!!!

They are quick to take your money and often stubborn however when you need something done you better be prepared to wait. As for the internet cost there is no free wifi be prepared to pay an extorsionate amount for an hour e.g 10 US dollars! If i were u i would find elsewhere!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

EXTREMELY POOR HOTEL

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Metcourt Inn. Delay on check in was probably due to us not having received advanced payment or deposit for your stay from your local office or agent. This is usually prevented by bank transfers in advance for the guests stay.

Note that room types are confirmed by booking agents at the time of the reservation. We have north and south facing rooms and these are allocated randomly according to availability. Internet charges are currently at US$6.75 hourly rate. The hotel services are assessed every quarter and for the 1st quarter of 2013 these ratings are above 90% and we are extremely disappointed that your experience on this stay were not met and we will immediately take steps to rectify this.

Regards,