“Could have been better”

Peermont Metcourt Inn at The Grand Palm
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and me passed through Gaborone and stayed in two rooms 207 and 257 over two days. The hotel is good value for money considering the price and locality in central area.

The reception staff was very friendly and welcoming. The reception area felt homely.

The rooms were very comfortable. It was winter in Gaborone. Although there was an air-conditioneer in my room I did not switch it on as it gives serious allergy. I asked and asked room service to provide me with extra blankets as they had none in the rooms. This turned out to be the most frustrating exercise I have ever done. Needless to say I did not recieve the blankets after being promised more than three times. That is delivery or lack of it at Metcourt for you.

The first day the reception staff gave us room 257 . The reason I mention this specific room is that it was at the end of the corridor where there was an passage air conditioneer that hummed throughout the night. My wife and I woke up without having rested and withou serious pounding headaches from the sound pollution and obvious lack of sleep. I wonder why they would put someone in that room without warning them. I assume room 258 directly opposite 257 would be the same. On enquiry the next day the staff acknowledged that previous patrons/ guests had complained about this particular room but nothing had been done about it.

Beside these hiccups this is a nice secure hotel

Room Tip: Avoid room 257 and maybe 258 near noisy air conditioneer unit
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank impudzi

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at the hotel during the Mining Conference. The room was fine, although the bathroom is really small- you have to be careful that stuff doesn't fall off the tiny shelf into the toilet below.

The breakfast was pretty grim so on my second day, I went over to the Grand Palm, where, for a small fortune, the fare was better (although the coffee was still awful). You're a little stuck for choice for dinners if you don't have transport- it's the Grand Palm or the Grand Palm.

For next year's conference, I think I'll take the daily taxi and an offsite hotel for a little more variety.

Room Tip: Top floor at the ends were quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The price is OK, but you dont get quality. The rooms are very small, there is nothing to put your luggage on, so you just have to leave it on the floor, which is not as clean as you could wish.
Besides there is no phonic isolation so you hear perfectly well people in the corridor.
The breakfast buffet is good.
I appreciated the employees at thé check-in, very helpfull and client oriented

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank OlivierSA75
PeermontHotels, General Manager at Peermont Metcourt Inn at The Grand Palm, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Very small rooms and noisy

Thank you for this feed back. We have two room configurations at the Peermont Metcourt Inn, standard rooms which are 18 square metres and Executive rooms which are 23 square metres. Guests have an option to book either depending on their needs, the executive rooms costs P115 more than the standard room, because they have a King bed and are more spacious. We have stayed away from the conventional luggage rack to allow for more movement around the room. All our rooms have been freshly recarpeted and we will ensure that housekeeping do a more thorough job on vacuuming these carpets. The rooms are of brick and mortar construction and are sound proof between rooms but yes a loud noise in the passage outside the entrance will be heard.

We appreciate your positive feed back on the breakfast buffet and the friendly and consumer centric reception staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a reasonable hotel and is meets the basic requirements of a room to stay in for a business trip. I woulod use it again for business visits to Gaborone. Breakfast included in rate was OK, and trooms were relatively basic, but suited the requirement. It is similar to a Town Lodge in quality, and has no restaurant form evening meals.
There is the Grand Paln within walking distance, which is the 5 star sister of this place and is has some good restaurants.
Nice location in a park like setting. The new Travelodge just down the road is better value for money and has just opened a couple of weeks ago.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob_DM

Reasonable Hotel for business stays in Gaborone.

Thank you for your feed back, yes we are a Select Services hotel ideal for the business individual providing Wifi, lap top safes and Top Notch world class health and safety compliance, the friendly staff, variety of restaurants and exciting casino on complex and our location on a beautifully landscaped estate makes us the first choice business and leisure hotel in Gaborone.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

This hotel is really lovely and the rooms clean, beds and pillows great. Staff attitude at the front desk, when they have made a mistake, is shocking! First night, there was no water in our room till 9pm. Second night, we had no airconditioning and the following morning we had no hot water to shower. Arrived at breakfast, at 8am and the food was finished. I had to wait 30mins for more food to be put out. I was not the only person, there must have been about 8 others. Food was average, but price certainly wasn't....way overpriced. The restuarant Fig Tree, was a total rip-off!!! Cost: P230 and because we hadn't changed money yet, we wanted to pay in Rands. We were quoted R370!! Service was VERY slow! Certainly won't be back!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I am a peace corps volunteer and the owner of the hotel provides a 50% discount to Peace Corps volunteers as a thank you for our service!!! The rooms were current and had electricity, multiple outlet types, and nice plumbing.

The service is truly outstanding. The staff was very responsive to any and all requests be it for service in the hotel or help negotiating the city. The hotel was very clean, the bed was comfortable, making for a very nice weekend get away. They also have wi-fi (a little expensive, but there) and access to a beautiful swimming pool.

I would highly recommend the hotel entirely on its merit, but I want to encourage anyone and everyone to do business here as the owners seem to truly care about their community as well as their business.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolreckamp
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I Stayed at this establishment last week & i am disgusted at the way you are treated at the check inn counter.When i checked i paid my bill with my debit card and it was approved i even have the receipt saying card approved but then 2 minutes later they tell me they dont accept maestro debit cards & that i should pay in cash so i refused as because i will be paying twice,they kept me there for 30 minutes which made me late for a meeting,on my arrival back to the hotel they kept ma again for 45 minutes until this time i got angry & went to my room.Surprise Surprise same hassle in the morning on check out.NEVER AGAIN...................Oh the charge for breakfast is P105 n they give you can fruit not even fresh.All i can say is the coffee was good,room was clean,tv reception bad &hot water for a shower is 5 minutes

Shakeel