“Apart from confusing directions, WONDERFUL stay - go here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Masa Square Hotel

Masa Square Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Gaborone
London
“Apart from confusing directions, WONDERFUL stay - go here!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a lovely place to stay....had a bit of a nightmare finding the place as directions are a little misleading (satnav was also confused!) But once we recovered from that drama (it had been a long trip!) it was delightful. We booked online a couple of hours before we arrived which didn't cause any problems at all. The room was beautiful - shame there was no balcony, but never mind. Really clean, new, lovely. Really nice outside area on the roof, bar not set up there, but still a lovely location to watch the sun set. Had a meal downstairs, outside (not hotel restaurant) lovely, really nice chilled atmosphere, music, chatting, pleasant evening. I think this area is certainly up and coming and looks like development will continue. Breakfast was a great selection, service was excellent, staff were the most friendly we experienced anywhere on the trip. Well done. Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review - I am, we are, so thrilled you had a good time - bar the directions which are always a challenge in this town. Do come again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
JHB
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great hotel in the new CBD. The hotel has a modern setup and the rooms are spacious, neat and very tidy. Staff friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is the standard fare of good quality, Cappuccino's are excellent!

The hotel provides free Wi-Fi and haven't had any issues with using the service. It's not the quickest, but adequate enough to respond to emails and do some browsing.

While there are numerous restaurants in the square adjacent to the hotel, I can not recommend any of them including the hotel's coffee bar. All meals at the various venues to date have been disappointing, and drinks are expensive compared to other venues in Gaborone. The result is that for dinners we travelled elsewhere in Gabs to get a decent meal. The only negative for me so far.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Croixant
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your generally positive review - I am so pleased you like the place. Very sorry you could not find somewhere to eat which thrilled you though. We have new menus coming soon across the hotel, in La Touche de Provence and Espretto as well as our pool deck bar opening soon. If we cannot tantalise your tastebuds next time you come I will eat my hat.

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at the Lansmore for 10 nights on a business trip during March 2013. The hotel is conveniently located near the central business district and the complimentary airport pickup/drop service is efficiently managed by friendly chauffeurs. Being a new hotel, the rooms have spacious modern designs with well-appointed amenities like tea/coffee maker, mini bar, hair dryer, electronic safe, etc. The Wi-Fi internet is fast and works like a charm from the rooms – had excellent connectivity during the period of my stay.

The breakfast buffet was above average with a huge continental spread. The hotel management has thoughtfully put up in-room breakfast menu cards with the option to get breakfast served in the room when you are in a hurry. A couple of times, I ordered a la carte dinner – the room service was a tad bit slow on one of the occasions but the food was wonderful and the portions were large.

The staff is well-trained, friendly, efficient and attentive. During my stay, I met with a small accident and bruised one of my arms badly; upon contacting the front-desk for first aid help, the assistance was prompt with all the right kind of first-aid dressings.

Overall, a very good hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nilanjan74
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind review - I am sorry room service was not faster - every day is a new challenge to improve. I do hope your arm is mending well

kind regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great reception staff and very quick to assist with any issues. The hotel is very new and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. In time the entire square may be fully let, then this place would buzz with activity. Food at the buffet was above average. All that was missing was a lounge where one could enjoy drinks in comfort. The coffee shop Espretto was functional but not ideal for business conversation and pre-dinner drinks. The hotel is ideally situated for business with multiple companies as this area is a fast developing CBD and most places are close by. transport to and from the airport was punctual, efficient and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review -I am sorry you did not sleep better though. I have noted your remarks about a quiet place for a meeting - please just ask next time - If our coffee shop, Espretto, is too noisy we can often find you a quiet meeting room for a while.
I do hope to see you back soon

Gaborone
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed at Lansmore on and off for over a year. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are always immaculate. The coffee stations in the rooms have filter coffee from espretto and delicious cookies. For a business trip to Gaborone, this is an ideal location. However this is quite expensive and the breakfast although lovely were also very expensive and not included in the room rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review - I am pleased you seem to like the place - do get in touch though as all our room rates except one or two specially negotiated ones include breakfast. (as well as free WIFI, tomorrow's shirt pressing, VAT etc)

I hope to hear from you - if you have paid for breakfast you should not have I will refund you !

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 1, 2013

In my recent trip to Bots, I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. Enjoyed my Stay, the club room was big specious, its a new hotel so you feel good to see everything new. Breakfast was reasonable too, staff was good. I especially enjoyed the hotels at the back side of the hotel. Most of the days they were busy so it was a good place for daily dinner. The taxi service from the hotel can improve though as sometimes it was not available straight away. Other rest was good.

Room Tip: Take Club room, the standard room is smallish.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind feedback on your stay - I am pleased you enjoyed it though I am sorry you found the cab service patchy. We have persuaded a very good firm to effectively camp on our doorstep for immediate availability. I suppose in all cities there are occasional rushes on demand - I am sorry you were inconvenienced

Please come again soon

Brussels
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Somehow dissapointed.....in view of the room rate ! There was no "manual" to assist a first-time guest on how to contact the reception by the room telephone. Had to go down at the reception to ask ! No indication on the number of restaurants, where to have breakfast, the opening hours, where the gym was and the opening hours....But the room was clean.
For breakfast there was no name tag to indicate the food being served. Beef ? Pork ? To get an expresso during breakfast really takes time even though there were several staff.
It seems that every night for dinner it was buffet ! Fortunately in the courtyard there were other restaurants but not part of the hotel.
Several times the lift broke down. I believe that these are teething problems as the hotel recently opened.

Room Tip: Please try to avoid the top floors as the lift, during my stay, broke down several times and I had t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review Lansmore - I am so disappointed to read of you disappointment!

Your point about the manuals I hear and we are sending one to print shortly - the idea behind the 'connect me' button on our telephones is that puts you through to our instant service centre team who will arrange whatever it is you need, or answer any questions you have,day or night. Of course if we failed to explain this to you, you could not possibly know - our fault completely.

I am sorry our coffee service was too slow for you - not our usual speed. We know how important that first cup of espresso can be!

We do offer a la carte dining at every meal (even breakfast) and I cannot fathom how we failed to offer you a menu for the entire 9 nights you were with us, there are menus in the (4) lifts too.

I am sorry the lifts caused you to have to take the stairs - your second floor room could be accessed by up to 4 lifts from the reception and while extremely irritating to lose lift service we have never lost all four at once.

The above notwithstanding I apologise sincerely that you were not delighted with the place. I do hope you will return to us next time you are in Gaborone and we shall try very hard to redeem ourselves.