“Good Business hotel”
Review of Masa Square Hotel

Masa Square Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed May 1, 2013

In my recent trip to Bots, I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. Enjoyed my Stay, the club room was big specious, its a new hotel so you feel good to see everything new. Breakfast was reasonable too, staff was good. I especially enjoyed the hotels at the back side of the hotel. Most of the days they were busy so it was a good place for daily dinner. The taxi service from the hotel can improve though as sometimes it was not available straight away. Other rest was good.

Room Tip: Take Club room, the standard room is smallish.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback on your stay - I am pleased you enjoyed it though I am sorry you found the cab service patchy. We have persuaded a very good firm to effectively camp on our doorstep for immediate availability. I suppose in all cities there are occasional rushes on demand - I am sorry you were inconvenienced

Please come again soon

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Somehow dissapointed.....in view of the room rate ! There was no "manual" to assist a first-time guest on how to contact the reception by the room telephone. Had to go down at the reception to ask ! No indication on the number of restaurants, where to have breakfast, the opening hours, where the gym was and the opening hours....But the room was clean.
For breakfast there was no name tag to indicate the food being served. Beef ? Pork ? To get an expresso during breakfast really takes time even though there were several staff.
It seems that every night for dinner it was buffet ! Fortunately in the courtyard there were other restaurants but not part of the hotel.
Several times the lift broke down. I believe that these are teething problems as the hotel recently opened.

Room Tip: Please try to avoid the top floors as the lift, during my stay, broke down several times and I had t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review Lansmore - I am so disappointed to read of you disappointment!

Your point about the manuals I hear and we are sending one to print shortly - the idea behind the 'connect me' button on our telephones is that puts you through to our instant service centre team who will arrange whatever it is you need, or answer any questions you have,day or night. Of course if we failed to explain this to you, you could not possibly know - our fault completely.

I am sorry our coffee service was too slow for you - not our usual speed. We know how important that first cup of espresso can be!

We do offer a la carte dining at every meal (even breakfast) and I cannot fathom how we failed to offer you a menu for the entire 9 nights you were with us, there are menus in the (4) lifts too.

I am sorry the lifts caused you to have to take the stairs - your second floor room could be accessed by up to 4 lifts from the reception and while extremely irritating to lose lift service we have never lost all four at once.

The above notwithstanding I apologise sincerely that you were not delighted with the place. I do hope you will return to us next time you are in Gaborone and we shall try very hard to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's probably the best option for business travelers to Gaborone. It's a new property. Everything is working fine. Reliable internet. Great staff. Highly recommended. New furniture. Rooms are spacious and do not stink.

Room Tip: Select a room above the conference center as it would have a better wi-fi internet connection.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review - very much appreciated - I do hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I just arrived today Thursday 18th April from business trip in Gaborone, I stayed at Lansmore Hotel in the Central Business District, to tell the truth, this place is the best in town and a touch of something different, the staff at this hotel are great, they pay attention and are very helpful, me being a hotelier, it can be very difficult for one to please me the first time but I tell you, I left this morning more than very pleased and I highly recommend this place. I liked the idea of a collection of different restuarants and also a great traditional meals on Wednesdays. Great!

Room Tip: All rooms are great so dont worry.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Masa Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Reading a review like yours can only brighten up ones day - thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post it. We are all delighted to read it.
I do hope you will come again soon

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just love this hotel; spacious rooms, modern decors, friendly and well trained staff, great food and energetic concierge - they cleaned my car before taking it down to the basement, now thats what I call going the extra mile to ensure optimum hospitality!!
Check out the rooftop infinity swimming pool, the cityscape at sundown is a marvel too! Ooooooh I also love the paintings on the walls of the main restaurant La Touche de Provence... The café's happy hours on Thursday's and Fridays are a must do!

It's located centrally, in a square that houses state of the art 3D cinemas, an assortment of restaurants, beauty parlour and up-market boutiques..

BTW this hotel has the fastest WiFi connection in the city!

Room Tip: rooms: south, west and north facing and are quieter..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boi2melow

I am genuinely thrilled to read your review - thank you so much for posting it.
I do hope you will come again soon.
kind regards

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Lansmore is a lovely new addition to the centre of Gaborone - with modern well- thought out rooms and really great bathrooms. The rooms are spacious and more than comfortable. The staff were really attentive and friendly. We had a lovely lunch with a huge variety of choices from the buffet or a la carte. A long lunch meant we tried both options, both of which were delicious! There is quite a social scene in the square outside the hotel on a Friday - obviously THE place to be seen and a lot of fun. All in all a fantastic experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HelenJ000

How lovely to read your review - thank you so much - please come again soon
kind regards

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a great hotel - modern - clean - with all the touches of a great hotel - and SUPERB staff.

Despite having only being open for less than a year and with some minor works still in progress (e.g a new pool bar to replace the original) everything about this hotel works beautifully. Excellent service from a well trained, smiling, helpful and kind team.

I stayed in a Club Room which was exceptionally comfortable, huge bed, two flat screen tv's, selection of round (South African) and square (British) sockets so no adapters needed.
Brilliant in room safe that take a laptop and mutli socket inside to charge it (how clever and thoughtful is that).

It is one of the few hotel anywhere in the world where I got an undisturbed nights sleep, no slamming doors (the bain of my life) or noisy A/C - bliss

Superb bathroom, with huge walk-in shower, bath, excellent towels, amenities and, joy of joy, loads of space for ones own toiletries.

The concierge was most helpful as was the resident taxi/chauffeur service.

The Coffee Shop in Masa Square at the rear of the hotel is a great place for supper with the opportunity to people watch.

There is also a small shopping mall and cinema across the square which even has and Apple Store

There was always a very obvious management presence ensuring everything is going smoothly.

I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Club Room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the place - I am, we are, delighted you had a good time. Please come again soon.
Warm regards